This Saturday Im going to be buying a new guitar, but my budget won't go over 1100, Ive been looking at a used Gibson SG standard for $899 or a Jackson King V, the latter prob not being the most versitile. Any of u guys have suggestions? Btw I play thrash metal, classic heavy metal, classic rock, blues, and southern rock.
My Guitars-
ESP LTD EC-1000 (my big papa axe)
Mexican Fender Stratocaster (my blues baby)
Laguna le 122 (hunk of crap)

Amp-
Peavey Vypyr 75

Pedal-
Zakk Wylde Cry Baby
Well, I would say hands down the SG either way, butespecially the way you explained the music you play, deffinately the SG.
gibson sg classic. you can get it new for cheaper than the standard, and the P 90s are awesome. if you like sg's, i would definitely say go for it, cos the extra bite the p 90s gives you is useful when you need something hard edged.

edit: cheaper than a new standard, not cheaper than the standard you're looking at. although there're plenty of sales going on and my friend got his for 750.
Last edited by masterp666 at Jul 1, 2009,
i say go jackson better neck for thrash and metal,and imo better build quality
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
You don't necessarily need to get a new guitar for those styles. The strat. will be able to do those fine if you get some pedals.
Quote by SimplyStrings
You don't necessarily need to get a new guitar for those styles. The strat. will be able to do those fine if you get some pedals.

yea my strat is SSS btw haha
I have played both guitars the Jackson sounds great for metal, but cleans not so much, the SG sounds and looks great, but it's a little light for me, me being a 6'4 linebacker and all :P
My Guitars-
ESP LTD EC-1000 (my big papa axe)
Mexican Fender Stratocaster (my blues baby)
Laguna le 122 (hunk of crap)

Amp-
Peavey Vypyr 75

Pedal-
Zakk Wylde Cry Baby