and surprisingly it has good feel and the densest tone when i record it(drop tuning).Am i technically playing a poor man's gibson still?even by this model's standards?Can you even call it a spinoff of a gibson since it's the lowest common denominator of a lespaul?
You have a $100 dollar guitar.

Any single thing about it's quality can be answered with that statement. Anything.

If you think a $100 guitar has great tone dropped, try recording that with a real nice 85 EMG Set in a Scheter guitar or something.
You're not playing a poor man's Gibson, you're playing a poor man's Epiphone.
Creator of the Llamastack

Quote by elcarbon
Am i technically playing a poor man's gibson still?.Can you even call it a spinoff of a gibson since it's the lowest common denominator of a lespaul?

Technically, you're playing the poor man's Epiphone. Either way, who cares? If you like it's tone and feel, then who cares whether the guitar cost $100 or 3 grand. Enjoy it, play it, a guitar is not defined by its price tag.

EDIT: ^Beat me to it
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Quote by Garci
Enjoy it, play it, a guitar is not defined by its price tag.

Most Gibson fanboys beg to differ.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Most Gibson fanboys beg to differ.

Yeah but they're stupid. Having a Gibson with a AAA figured maple top isn't a whole world of difference from a quilted maple top a Schecter or Washburn (if any). Unless you're having a guitar built just for you, or if it's made from super rare materials, I don't see the need to have a $3,000 guitar.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by stevenpollock
I actually know of a band where the guitar player uses that as his main guitar. It's modded quite a bit, but they have a HUGE sound. And yes, they sound like this live.

http://www.myspace.com/vinylwilliams

And you mean this kid?

Fail. But yeah the tone is good for the type of music they play. Those samples are produced VERY well though, so I'm not sure how they'd sound live in comparison.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
And you mean this kid?

Fail. But yeah the tone is good for the type of music they play. Those samples are produced VERY well though, so I'm not sure how they'd sound live in comparison.

Ha. Yeah that's lionel. I personally think there is too much in their live sound. And yeah at least 50% of everything live is relied on samples. But it does sound nice and huge.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by stevenpollock
Ha. Yeah that's lionel. I personally think there is too much in their live sound. And everything is relied on loops. But it does sound nice and huge.

Yeah, that looks like a few too many pedals to me, but then again I don't play that style of music. I'm more of a metal person (hence why I'm critical of his image). I only use a couple of effects, and when I do use them, it's on a rare occasion like a lead lick or something.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
Yeah, that looks like a few too many pedals to me, but then again I don't play that style of music. I'm more of a metal person (hence why I'm critical of his image). I only use a couple of effects, and when I do use them, it's on a rare occasion like a lead lick or something.

I actually admire his ability to mulitask. He's basically dancing on pedals the whole time, as well as singing. But for a three piece they really pull off a sound that's bigger than they are. It sets them apart a little. He is a bit of a dick though.

Edit:

By the way, all the samples are saved in that little Line 6 loop pedal that he hits. Just that much more multitasking.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Jul 1, 2009,
aye you can tell there's a lot of work gone into mastering of there songs but as the guy above says not sure how it would sound live, the levels would be all over the place unless he knows how to set them up right. My thinking is unless you had a good sound engineer not so good. Plus In my opinion I wouldn't enjoy sorting out the guitar with the amount of pedals he's running
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Jul 1, 2009,
Do they have a sound engineer? It looks like they're all 19 or 20.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by sepultura alma
aye you can tell there's a lot of work gone into mastering of there songs but as the guy above says not sure how it would sound live, the levels would be all over the place unless he knows how to set them up right. My thinking is unless you had a good sound engineer not so good. Plus In my opinion I wouldn't enjoy sorting out the guitar with the amount of pedals he's running

I've played with them before, as well as seen them live. The only real problem is the sheer volume. They play unbelievably loud.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
^ yeah tbf they probs don't.
I've just done a big arse outdoor festival this past weekend and I know I wouldn't of been happy if that guy showed up with that pedal board

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
that dudes guitar could sound like whatever the hell he wanted it to. look at all those damn effects. he could be playing a violin on those recordings, he's got enough pedals to make it sound like anything...

anyway, there's a reason people always say "play before you buy" because you might end up with an epi like your's. just because you pay more for a guitar doesn't mean it'll play nicer than a guitar made out of old baseball bats. it's all about how it's made, and the luck of finding a good one. so congrats on finding a great guitar at a great price
Quote by HardAttack
Do they have a sound engineer? It looks like they're all 19 or 20.

They are 19 and 20. Sorry for the double post,

But anyways. The bands critic aside, thats one sound the guitar has potential of, whether its good to your ears or not, TS.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Who cares if you have a poor mans epiphone if you love the sound and feel to it,it doesn't matter if the cost is outrageous or if the cost is perfect for your financial budget.
Basically if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
yeah but you can tell that he can't be all to happy with the sound on the fact that he's running it through that many pedals

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by sepultura alma
yeah but you can tell that he can't be all to happy with the sound on the fact that he's running it through that many pedals

Maybe he's just a really big fan of Tom Morello.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
Maybe he's just a really big fan of Tom Morello.

Also, provided there are good buffers in the signal path there won't be any tone loss (Yes, I said it. Too many true bypass pedals with no buffer and your tone turns to ****.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.