I just bought an Ibanez RG from my friend (570 body, 550 neck, I think it's the wizard I) and there is a hairline crack along the grain on the 17th fret. My friend was in Houston and I'm in Atlanta, so I don't know if the change in humidity caused it or if it was my bolting on the neck that caused the crack on the fretboard.

Regardless, should I be worried? If so, how do I fix it? I've read a lot of stuff about using lemon oil on the fretboard, but that seems to only stop the cracking. How would I repair it? Thanks.
A tiny bit of wood filler?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

^Can't really cram stuff into a hairline crack...

And TS: Pictures of the crack?

I'm not so sure if you can see that, let me know and I'll try to take another. Silly cell phone cameras.

It's basically where that little silver looking dot thing is.
If it spreads its a problem but if it stays as it is I think it will just be something you have to live with.

I thought lemon oil was only for cleaning fret-boards.
lemon oil hydrates em, which prevents cracking. it's like powerade for rosewood.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Well it hasn't gotten any bigger since yesterday. It still bothers me though. Maybe I'm just upset because I thought there wouldn't be any problems on this new guitar...