Ok, so, I've been having this problem with my left hand (fret hand) wrist. It's just these pains right near the joint where the hand meets the arm, on the thumb side. What is causing this, and how can I get it to stop? I've been playing alot of faster stuff recently, working on a "Master of Puppets" cover, and alot of shredding-style soloing, in case that helps in your diagnosis of the problem. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Seriously how can this not turn into a "stop fapping" frenzy.

Warm up better before playing
Take breaks if it starts to hurt
Maybe cool down after playing the fast stuff, play some slow stuff to ease it down.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Go to a chiropractor. I had some hip issues and they fixed them up in like a week.
it also might be carpel tunnel. I would mabey get it checked out but ive never had it so i wouldnt know much.
Quote by ampoverload
what??? i didnt hear what u said i was to distracted by ur avatar

this

edit: i cant believe any1 listens to you realy...i mean i stopped for like 2 mins....fapped at your avatar......then read your post
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Last edited by fretsofthebeast at Jul 1, 2009,
wait, I know what it is. Daron Malakian said masturbation was good for the right hand, not the left hand. There you go buddy, just keep jerkin with the righty and you'll be just fine.
Well if you practice a lot for an extended period of time, it's a mild case of carpel tunnel syndrome. However, if you keep doing it, it becomes a permanent/terminal case. So take frequent rests and always stretch your wrists and fingers.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Hey I get tjhe same problem particuarly when I play barre chords though, if i do riffs where my fingers move a lot the pain dolesnt really occur, but anyway I went to see a pshysio who gave me some exercises for my thum, to help build strength in that area as I ave a hyper-extensive thumb which is apparently causing the problem.......but im starting to think its more than that now, anywayi find stretching and warming up does help reduce the pain, and try to remain relaxed when you play.
Sounds like the inklings of carpal tunnel syndrome as others have said, you eed to take care cos if it develops into a permanent case, it's not a grand thing....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by fretsofthebeast
i cant believe any1 listens to you realy...i mean i stopped for like 2 mins....fapped at your avatar......then read your post

Doesn't take you that much, eh?

On Topic: Put something cold on your hand for a while, then massage it slowly with your other hand, then put it in warm water and then continue massaging it. Pain should be quite gone.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Doesn't take you that much, eh?

On Topic: Put something cold on your hand for a while, then massage it slowly with your other hand, then put it in warm water and then continue massaging it. Pain should be quite gone.

Thank you, I tried that and it really helped alot. And thank you to everyone else who commented, I'm going to stretch and warm up before playing the faster stuff.
Be careful man, I'd try lay off playing guitar for a couple days and give your wrists some rest. I had that problem after playing on a neck that was bent out of whack and I got Tendonitus which is very uncomfortable and a giant pain in the ass! I'm currently recovering from a second bout of it from lugging my heavy-ass MG around the place

As I said, take it very easy dude or you could end up not playing for about 2-4 weeks
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey