Page 1 of 3
No he's not dead...

But he does blame his fans now for pushing him away from music.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/18/fred-durst-limp-bizkit-was-used-as-fuel-to-torture-other-people/

Before Limp Bizkit emerged from a four-year hiatus with a series of shows last month in Europe, Fred Durst had to get over his hatred of a segment of his own fanbase. “I got abused a lot growing up,” Durst tells Rolling Stone. “For years I looked into the crowd and saw a bunch of bullies and assholes who tortured me and ruined my life. They were using my music as fuel to torture other people, even dressing like me. The music was being misinterpreted and the irony effected me and we stepped away.”

What did he expect? He wrote songs about cutting people with chainsaws...

EDIT
As it's been pointed out in this thread, this was already covered on UG...
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/limp_bizkits_fred_durst_talks_new_album.html
Last edited by JDawg at Jul 1, 2009,
He's dumb. That's about it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Some pulled his shorts down during their set at download, i saw it, it was funny!
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
"They were using my music as fuel to torture other people"

Yeah, I can see how that would work, seeing as how Limp Biscuit's music IS torture.
Quote by Xiaoxi
He's dumb. That's about it.

this, seriously
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
What do you expect Durst, you thought your fans respected you.

You did it all for the Nookie, the Nookie, so take that cookie and stick it up your YEAH! stick it up your YEAH!

gotta love SNL!
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Fuck all of you. LB is good, and I feel for Fred.

You're pushing your sig.
What a dick. Blaming his fans, the people who paid for his sh*tty music so he can live in luxury, for ruining his music.
At 99' woodstock during the song 'break stuff' a women was raped at the front of the crowd. During his set that night four women were raped in total.

He told the crowd not to calm down even after warnings from event staff.

What a douche.
that's a pretty valid excuse for disliking your fans, i don't know what you guys are on about.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by BrashPersona
At 99' woodstock during the song 'break stuff' a women was raped at the front of the crowd. During his set that night four women were raped in total.

He told the crowd not to calm down even after warnings from event staff.

What a douche.

It is well reported that he did tell the crowd to calm down.
So he admits Limp Bizkit's music is torturous to listen to?

Tireedit:

Quote by Mad Marius
"They were using my music as fuel to torture other people"

Yeah, I can see how that would work, seeing as how Limp Biscuit's music IS torture.

Beaten. Damn.

Anyway, anyone else see the irony of him supposedly being against violence and bullying and then playing a show at UFC?
Last edited by Tire Me. at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
It is well reported that he did tell the crowd to calm down.

No his mind is not for rent, don't have him down as arrogant.
Guys, this was on the front page weeks ago, in the news section.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/limp_bizkits_fred_durst_talks_new_album.html

June 16th, 2009

*reported*
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Jul 1, 2009,
Well I'd love to have people who are fans of my music...ungrateful bastard
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by JDawg

What did he expect? He wrote songs about cutting people with chainsaws...

Did you even read the article you posted? Or do you not know what "irony" is?

Quote by BrashPersona
No his mind is not for rent, don't have him down as arrogant.

Rush?
Quote by Waterboy799
that's a pretty valid excuse for disliking your fans, i don't know what you guys are on about.

But him, both his persona and music embodies the kind of idiocy he claims to resent.

It's as if Hitler was criticizing Germany for being dicks to minorities.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Guys, this was on the front page weeks ago, in the news section.

*reported*

Didn't know this. I have the pit bookmarked so I don't see the front page too often...

Is it really reportable though?
Quote by Xiaoxi
But him, both his persona and music embodies the kind of idiocy he claims to resent.

It's as if Hitler was criticizing Germany for being dicks to minorities.

See my last post please.
Quote by JDawg
Didn't know this. I have the pit bookmarked so I don't see the front page too often...

Is it really reportable though?

Did you searchbar?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Did you even read the article you posted? Or do you not know what "irony" is?

Rush?

You don't get it. I know he thinks it irony, how did he not expect this...? Thanks for paying attention.

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Did you searchbar?

The forums yes... Not the news section...
Last edited by JDawg at Jul 1, 2009,
He sounds like a whiney bitch to me.
Quote by Shred Durst
“I got abused a lot growing up,” Durst tells Rolling Stone. “For years I looked into the crowd and saw a bunch of bullies and assholes who tortured me and ruined my life.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
See my last post please.

What? Read the rest of the article? The rest of the article says nothing significant.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JDawg
You don't get it. I know he thinks it irony, how did he not expect this...? Thanks for paying attention.

K koo

well it's hard to hold a discussion in the news section, so i guess this deserves a thread,

after all, there are threads on stuff that's stupider than this.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Stop hating on him you morons, you just posted this thread to affirm that other people feel the same as you do towards Fred Durst because you've probably just sand in your hairy vagina because he's more famous/rich than you and can put on a better show than you ever could.

Don't think of your sister naked.

[You just did]
Quote by JDawg

I'm almost positive he expected this. I'm also pretty sure that he is well aware of how many actually hate him. Which means he would expect the shit people are giving him.

Quote by Xiaoxi
What? Read the rest of the article? The rest of the article says nothing significant.

Not what I meant.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi

He makes his music violent because it's his way of expressing his anger at all the bullies that messed with him.

He doesn't want people to bully others, he just wanted to express his violent thoughts through nonviolent means.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by DrPooh
Stop hating on him you morons, you just posted this thread to affirm that other people feel the same as you do towards Fred Durst because you've probably just sand in your hairy vagina because he's more famous/rich than you and can put on a better show than you ever could.

I've been to better shows and rest assured, I was not jealous of the better shows...
Page 1 of 3