I need help, I have an epiphone G-400, and the neck is way too sticky and it's seriously affecting my playing. any ways to fix this???

Thanks
Wipe it down, does the room you store it in have a lot of moisture in the air?
i keep it on the top floor of a 2 storey house. the room gets really warm sometimes. i guess that could cause moisture
Quote by Saf1
Use protection next time you play with it

BOOM

thanks for the ******ry. put that stuff on /b/
Quote by Saf1

BOOM

niiiiice
Quote by Ahyoka
Pop goes the weasel...with the casket closed

Quote by Jsteele1408
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote by Tastytaco
mmm... if a girl has Tourette's and screams "f*** me!", would that be consent?

PSN: jermstar44
If your Epiphone has a wooden neck, try appling 'Fingerease' on it.

If it's a plastic-binding neck, ordinary guitar body solution would work also : )
I have the exact same guitar and I get the same problem. In addition to what everyone else said, it's important that you wash your hands before you play guitar whenever possible to keep it from getting too much oil/other crap from your hand on it.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
I've heard of putting Baby Powder on your hands. Anybody have that work for them?
Try FastFret, works dreams for sticky necks, they make old necks feel like new, even on new guitars.
Is your Guitar the Worn finish? I have the gloss finish one and I don't have those problems. If it is the worn finish it could be because of gunk sticking to the rough surface.
Quote by Saf1

BOOM

Haha, how long did you spend thinking of that comeback?
wash your hands. maybe sweaty palms. Is the neck painted? If so, that's why some people dont like paint on their necks. Strip the neck of the paint and tung oil it if you want to go through all that, but honestly, it is great without all that paint on the neck. I use fingerease, and it's awesome. You have to reapply every time you play depending on how long you play.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Back of the neck or the fretboard?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Don't sand it, the easiest and cheapest fix is using a scotch brite pad (the green side) and rub it on the back of the neck.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
you could always sand it
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab