a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago I came on this forum and asked if a luthier would put a floyd in my squir everyone said "Its not worth the money" so I did it my self 2 months ago.

Before

After

I also put a Humbucker in it. I made the Diamondplate, I am planning on buying some Aluminum DP and some EMGs for this.
that headstock....

looks awefully done

please tell me your sanding it down more?
what tools did you use to route the floyd?
doesnt look like the standard router or drill press method :S
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Yep I am planning on sanding more, bit really does'nt matter anyways because I am going to be buying a reverse Jackson neck for it. I used a verticle mill to do the floyd. It is exactly the same process but more precise. perhaps it is just the angle that makes it look weird. I had to sand around where the route is so I could draw ont he wood, it is recessed after all.
if you change the neck, make sure it's the same scale. as the one you have now, although most jackson necks are compatible with fender, but make shure the neck fits in the pocket

and, did you measure the distance between the bridge saddles and the nut, to check if the scale was right?

if everything is right, i think it's a good job because the rough rout looks good on the rough design of the guitar. you might want to get locking tuners, in case your neck doesn't have a slot for the locking nut.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
cut him some slack, out of all the people who post every other day saying "how do i put a floyd in my squire lawl" he's the only one (as far as i know) whose actually dont it.

for that, well done good sir

can we have "in the process" pictures too? im thinking about getting an old MIM strat and doing this to it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by ldnovelo
if you change the neck, make sure it's the same scale. as the one you have now, although most jackson necks are compatible with fender, but make shure the neck fits in the pocket

and, did you measure the distance between the bridge saddles and the nut, to check if the scale was right?

if everything is right, i think it's a good job because the rough rout looks good on the rough design of the guitar. you might want to get locking tuners, in case your neck doesn't have a slot for the locking nut.

Of Course I did. and of course I will. I installed a Locking Nut. I was goign for the Peice of crap look.

Sorry I have no In Progress pictures I just took pics. of the finished project, if you wanna see some progress of a floyd route I did ont he stealth I made here is that thread...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153926