I'm in the process of doing a complete overhaul on a Fender Stratocaster knockoff (some brand called Austin). The original neck only had 21 frets, but I want to upgrade to 24 if it's possible. I'm really fond of Wizard II necks, but I'm not sure if one would fit on a strat style body, and I'm very hesitant to order one if i'm not absolutely sure it will fit.

So, is this possible? And if not, is there any kind of modifications i could make to either the body or the neck in order to get a fit?

This is my first custom guitar, so i'm really playing all this stuff by ear. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
wizard II necks have a different bolt pattern to satisfy the neck joint on all the bolt-on RG models, so you need to drill new holes in the guitar for the neck
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
that'll be easy, but my main concern is whether or not the neck itself will fit in the neck pocket of the body.
you may can go on ibanez' site and make sure it's a fender heeled neck, fender heels are pretty much the standard for most guitar neck heels.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by fullsailstudent
I'm pretty sure the AANJ pocket is fender with diff holes

Nope. It's a different neck joint.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I just googled it, older ibby's are compatible sometimes. if the body is from the 80's it could be fender.

you could build an ibanez clone with the warmoth wizard neck. they copy the profile and use fender pocket. so just use any old strat body. sure it will look wicked if its 2 totally different colors and whatnot.

people would wonder how you did it and bow to your L33t skills
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by conor1148
you may can go on ibanez' site and make sure it's a fender heeled neck, fender heels are pretty much the standard for most guitar neck heels.

where do i go on their site to find that out? I'm kind of lost in their parts catalog.
wizard II neck came after they stopped using fender pockets so thats a no.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.