i have the epiphone explorer with a standard bridge and all. i love this guitar and not looking to buy a new guitar that come with a whammy bar attached. i dont have much of a preference of what kinda whammy bar i get, though i hear bigsbys and floyd roses are the way to go. anyway, what kind of financial damage am i gonna have to go through to get one on my explorer. thanks
you need to cut a hole on a FR tho.
what genres do you play?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i play alotta different stuff like typical metal and classic rock and punk. but im really gettin into writing some real progressive stuff, where i feel id be able to incorporate a whammy bar a bit

after lookin through different whammy bars some more, im leaning towards a bigsby. im trying to do some divebombs, just some nice vibrato
Last edited by BobbyAndCambria at Jul 1, 2009,
do you want to do dive bombs??
feel free to add me
I say go with Kahler. they have some bridges that will retrofit better than floyds.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by BobbyAndCambria
nah no divebombs, their cheesey lol

get a stetsbar or a Bigsby.
feel free to add me
how would i go about gettin them installed? and how much would it cost after buyin the the bigsby or stetsbar
Stetsbar is $219 and you can install it yourself.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
With a Stetsbar you take out the bridge posts and stick it on. No routing necessary.

A Bigsby is more for subtle vibrato like you hear in country and blues, not quite what one wants for rockin' out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by BobbyAndCambria
how would i go about gettin them installed? and how much would it cost after buyin the the bigsby or stetsbar

Stetsbars fit into the current hole pattern of you TOM..I am not sure about Bigsbys though.
does anyone know how much a bigsby installation would cost. because one their cheaper than a stetsbar, and 2 im a little iffy about doin it myself and then ****in it up haha
You CAN'T **** up installation of a Stetsbar. All you do is take off your guitar's bridge and stoptail, remove the posts and then stick in the Stetsbar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??