I want to derive some influence from classical music in my playing and I just wanted to know any good composers to listen to or help me do this. So, can anyone list off the specific influences composer-wise on Ritchie Blackmore, Malmsteen and Becker and composers that are good to listen to in general?
hmm... google must be down...
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
If its yngwie, vivaldi and bach are a good start to get a feel for their playing.

Baroque, albeit it may sound cheesy at times, is nice to listen and analyze because alot of it follows "textbook" music theory.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Antonio Salieri
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by allislost
hmm... google must be down...

Ouch. All the threads you made weren't exactly questions that could only be answered by UG. So lay off, man. The only person that looks bad is the one that makes a snide remark, instead of the one that chooses to contribute.
the baroque and classical eras are great, but also take a look into the Romantic era...thats where the more dramatic works are...check out Cello Concerto in E minor, Op. 85 by Edward Elgar-the 1st mvmt of the piece
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
You clearly aren't even remotely familiar with classical music, which makes me wonder why you want it to influence you. Here's a tip: Listen to it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
listen to some f*cking violin guy called Niccolo Paganini. He pwnd back in teh timez. And he's a pretty cool guy.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
listen to some f*cking violin guy called Niccolo Paganini. He pwnd back in teh timez. And he's a pretty cool guy.

paganini is great...if you're a fan of malmsteen you'll really like him. he was wayyyy ahead of his time.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by rocknskate4
he was wayyyy ahead of his time.

Eh? He was extremely technically proficient, but there was nothing terribly innovative about his music. Do people even bother listening to any of these composers before talking about them? There aren't really any similarities between his music and Malmsteen's (or between Malmsteen's and classical music in general).
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by MRavioli
I want to derive some influence from classical music in my playing and I just wanted to know any good composers to listen to or help me do this. So, can anyone list off the specific influences composer-wise on Ritchie Blackmore, Malmsteen and Becker and composers that are good to listen to in general?

Malmsteen, Blackmore, and Becker all make music with almost no classical influence.
Quote by Archeo Avis
You clearly aren't even remotely familiar with classical music, which makes me wonder why you want it to influence you. Here's a tip: Listen to it.

On what grounds would you say I'm unfamiliar? I want to be influenced by it because I like it.
I don't really know much about Malmsteem and the like, so I can't give you specific influences to them. But I started out playing violin before switching to guitar, so I can give you a little advice for good composers.

There're the obvious ones like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven - John Lennon wrote "Because" after hearing his Moonlight Sonata. Chopin is also great, as well as Vivaldi and Pachelbel. And listen to Georg Phillipp Telemann. His Sonata for Two Violins is amazing, as well as his Viola Concerto.
╔╦╦═╦═╦╦╦══╦╦╦═╦═╦╦╦═╦═╗╔╦╦╦╦╦╗─╔╗
║╔╣║║╔╣═╬╗╔╣╩║═╣═╣╔╣═╣═╣║║║║╔╣║╔╝║

║║║║║╚╣║║║║║║║═╣╔╣║║═╣═╣║║║║║║╚╣║║
╚╝╚═╩═╩╩╝╚╝╚╩╩═╩╝╚╝╚═╩═╝╚══╩╝╚═╩═╝

W H A T I T M E A N T
there must be some kind of way out of here
THERES TOO MUCH CONFUSION AND NO RELIEF
Quote by MRavioli

Do you just want to have Classical music an influence just for the sake of having Classical influences?

That is probably the stupid thing I have ever heard.
Quote by MRavioli
On what grounds would you say I'm unfamiliar? I want to be influenced by it because I like it.

What?

You can't learn to be influenced by a specific music dude. It is something that comes natural
Quote by MRavioli

If you want to be influenced by it. Analyze it. Learn to play it. And learn to play all the parts of a song, rather than just the violin, or flute part, translated to guitar, as the main thing behind classical music is how its put together, not in the actual melodies present.

Once you are familiar with what makes classical music classical (in terms of the sound, not whatever historical classification you might use), then emulating it should be fairly easy. However, it really requires you to know the music well, rather than just hope we can right things down on a forum. It involves so many things, that we can't make a list.
Quote by MRavioli
Ouch. All the threads you made weren't exactly questions that could only be answered by UG. So lay off, man. The only person that looks bad is the one that makes a snide remark, instead of the one that chooses to contribute.

no... not really.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Quote by Archeo Avis
Eh? He was extremely technically proficient, but there was nothing terribly innovative about his music. Do people even bother listening to any of these composers before talking about them? There aren't really any similarities between his music and Malmsteen's (or between Malmsteen's and classical music in general).

every person ive heard talk about him says they think of violin music as before paganini, and after paganini. if you know of anyone who played and wrote like him before he came around, id sure like to hear it.

as for his music being similar to malmsteens, your right its not at all. but he does stat him as an influence. listening to paganini could only help really.
^^^Violin sucks. Cello's where it's at baby

And classical music (When used in the sense most people use it i.e western art music as a whole) is a vast area of music and almost impossible to generalise. At least such a thing is not within the scope of a post on an internet forum.
Quote by Nietsche

And classical music (When used in the sense most people use it i.e western art music as a whole) is a vast area of music and almost impossible to generalise. At least such a thing is not within the scope of a post on an internet forum.

No horn love? Whatcha need is Beethoven 3 and 7, get blasted with the horn sounds. You'll automatically be a better musician.
"I love music, it's not like math. In music, 2+2 can equal 5, if it's a pretty enough 5." -Samuel R. Hazo

"Alle menschen werden bruder- all men become brothers"
-Ludwig Van Beethoven, from his 9th Symphony.

-John
Quote by Nietsche

violin sucks? what are you 12? i love the cello but violin doesnt suck.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
violin sucks? what are you 12? i love the cello but violin doesnt suck.
I was only playing around
I like the violin as much anyone but I played in a school orchestra and I've seen some pretty bad violin players.