If I were to get really good and then stop for like 4 years will I still have it? I know that it would obviously take a little bit of practice to get back to where you used to be but would it be like starting from scratch?
no

Edit: its not like riding a bike, if you stop for like 4 years you pretty mutch loose it all and will have to start over.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
It's most likely like any musical instrument.

You might remember some stuff here and there, but you'll have to practice to get as good as you used to be. I know I'm not nearly as good as I was at cello 2 years ago when I quit, nor am I as good at piano now as I was 3 years ago when I quit.
no
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Well anyone who really likes playing guitar and enjoys it (Like you should) then you wont be able to not play it for that long
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
^ +1 I stopped playing for a long time. Probably around 6 or 7 years. When I went back to it one day out of boredom, I was nowhere near as good as I had used to be, but it came pretty naturally, and it didn't take much practice to reinstate old skill.
Kramer EVH 5150
'85 Kramer Baretta Reissue
Randall KH120RHS Hammet Stack
BOSS OD-20
BOSS GT-10
George Lynch Dragon Wah
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah
Just don't ever stop playing and you won't have that problem.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Two years ago I was playing some Holdsworth legato lines cold and some Lane-ish picking licks when warmed up. I had to cut down on my practicing because of university, and now I'm far behind where I had been.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Why would you stop?
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
No, I played for 5 years, then quit for three and picked up bass 1 1/2 years into that 3... then I quit bass and jumped on guitar again.. I can't play nearly as good as I could previously.