Ibanez RG2EX1 or Epiphone Les Paul 100... i know they are 2 totally diferent type of guitars, but im still just learning how to play guitar.. and im lookin to get anew guitar soon but i dont want somethin expensive so i really liked this 2 guitars that is about 300$.. so i want to know your opinion about this 2 and wich 1 i should get...
Question yourself first...

What style do you play? Hard rock, blue driven style, Or Shredding metal.

Which color scheme do you prefer, aesthetically?

What amp are you pairing these with?
have you looked at the RG321?? if you play metal, then this would probably be better.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
have you looked at the RG321?? if you play metal, then this would probably be better.

Yea. Any RG series is good for shred metal and/or metal in general.
Quote by Gh057
Yea. Any RG series is good for shred metal and/or metal in general.

ya, i'm looking into the RG321 myself. i'm probably going to put some SD blackouts in it.

the reason i mention it is b/c it has a mahogany body, and from what know, it is better for metal than basswood.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
But if you are still learning guitar, don't bother getting a new guitar. And by learning, how good are you exactly? Can you play any scales?
Quote by SecretAgentS
But if you are still learning guitar, don't bother getting a new guitar. And by learning, how good are you exactly? Can you play any scales?

Most people don't start with scales, just songs... though bad, albeit, that's how it goes.

I started with minor scales, so I can't say that's how I went.. but most people go right into songs.

I recommend and Les paul shaped guitar. It worked for me.
Quote by Gh057
Most people don't start with scales, just songs... though bad, albeit, that's how it goes.

I started with minor scales, so I can't say that's how I went.. but most people go right into songs.

To be honest, I started with songs for the first month or so, and then I learned pentatonic scales. But either way, TS, you should get a new amp before anything. When I first started I made many threads about getting a new guitar, but I didn't know really what a good guitar was, and you probably don't have the ear for it either. Take everything slowly, get the guitar setup if it isn't, and you will know when you are ready.
Quote by Gh057

Learning songs actually isn't that bad, just as long as you aren't dependent on it. If you're just learning songs for like 6 weeks, it's time to learn THEORY.

Still waiting on your preferences and amp, thread birther, that way an accurate suggestion can be made.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by TheJem
Learning songs actually isn't that bad, just as long as you aren't dependent on it. If you're just learning songs for like 6 weeks, it's time to learn THEORY.

Still waiting on your preferences and amp, thread birther, that way an accurate suggestion can be made.

Ya, TS, you need to be watching your own thread. Which reminds me...
i like playin stuff from like 3days grace, nirvana, SOD.. i been playin for about 5monthz now.. i have been leanin myself.. i can play some full songs from 3days grace nirvana and acdc, and im almost done with tears dont fall from bullet for my valentine wich is a very dificult song
Quote by raulseixas
tears dont fall from bullet

Am I the only one who read that in the voice of the Heavy(TF2)?
Anyways, besides needing to touch up on grammar and spelling, we still need to know your amp and find out how ready you are. Do you know any scales?
Quote by Gh057
Lmao, since when has BFMV been difficult at all...

What guitar do you have at the moment.

He has a Squier affinity, which is exactly what I have. I had it for little over a year and still love it.
well iam sorry for the spellin its beacause im from brazil so my first language is portuguse.. and bullet for my vallentine is dificult for some1 who only been playin for 5months.. and i have a fender squier right now, and about the amp i will probly need to know a good amp to match with the guitar
Quote by raulseixas
well iam sorry for the spellin its beacause im from brazil so my first language is portuguse.. and bullet for my vallentine is dificult for some1 who only been playin for 5months.. and i have a fender squier right now, and about the amp i will probly need to know a good amp to match with the guitar

Regardless of what guitar, go with any variation of an Ibanez Toneblaster X

Those things are great for a starting amp and pack a powerful punch. I love mine to death, and I only got the 15 Watt version.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TBX15R-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480939

Theres the one I have.
Quote by Gh057

I've been playing for a year and a half and I have only learned like 5 scales.

Anyways, I say go for the Ibanez. It's better than the Epi, which, I made the mistake of getting an even worse LP than the 100. I got the Special II.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
I've been playing for a year and a half and I have only learned like 5 scales.

Anyways, I say go for the Ibanez. It's better than the Epi, which, I made the mistake of getting an even worse LP than the 100. I got the Special II.

I got the special II as well...

Its not a bad guitar, par se, but it is a cheap one.... although reliable, with the proper modifications.