Search didn't turn up anything, which bass or basses is or are known for the lowest action?
It doesnt always depend on the model of bass i only play or have played fenders so i cannot be sure it has more to do with your set up and ajustments to your bridge and very rarely truss rod
It depends on many factors.. I don't know any in particular that do, but my action is low and I dig a lot, so yeah. I'm not sure if you'll get any real good answers.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Corts with the exception of the GB Model and really cheap ones have consistently low action - especially the Artisan Series - Hell my Action 4 is like a Squier level instrument and it's action is ridiculously low
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Fernandes. Honestly. It has GREAT action. I slightly thick neck, but nothing that would slow your playing. Then again, the bass I owned before my fernandes was an Ibanez. So thats my idea of a normal neck, when in reality, I have to remind myself that it was in fact a super thin neck
mine (before the defretting job)

honestly i played a lot of basses and if youre gonna look for a stock low action bass its gonna be hard to find. you might as well did what i did. buy a bass you like then shave down the frets and funk with the saddles. i got my ibanez down suppppper low. i craved lower and defretted haha best move i ever made.

+1 to the geddy lee. the strings are super low but it sounds like anal and plays just as slimy
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Fender Jazz and P Bass guitars have the lowest playable actions without fret buzz from the factory in my experiences.
but you can get a low action from any well made instrument.
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
Most Ibanez have low action as well. The only basses that I have seen come from the factory with high action are Epiphones.
Quote by bassman10101

+1 to the geddy lee. the strings are super low but it sounds like anal and plays just as slimy

EXACTLY

I tested one out today and it buzzed like a bitch! THe action is so ridiculously low it makes open notes practically impossible to play. They sound good out of the amp, but it sounds like you have a 1000 hornets in your hands.
Quote by CurlyFry
EXACTLY

I tested one out today and it buzzed like a bitch! THe action is so ridiculously low it makes open notes practically impossible to play. They sound good out of the amp, but it sounds like you have a 1000 hornets in your hands.

Never experienced that with my Geddy Jazz
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
I played a fender jaguar,and it had the highest action Ive ever seen,it was horrible, my peavey milestone had pretty low action new,and my Sandberg came with amazingly low action, but that's how I like it!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
You'll get the lowest action with a dead-straight neck and the largest fingerboard radius possible. Look for that.

Or play an upright, stop being a baby, and be thankful that you have frets, a short scale length, and side dot markers. Your tone will suffer tremendously.

My bass has one of the largest fingerboard radii on the market and guess what? Yesterday I raised my action considerably because with low action it sounded and played terribly.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
You'll get the lowest action with a dead-straight neck and the largest fingerboard radius possible. Look for that.

Or play an upright, stop being a baby, and be thankful that you have frets, a short scale length, and side dot markers. Your tone will suffer tremendously.

My bass has one of the largest fingerboard radii on the market and guess what? Yesterday I raised my action considerably because with low action it sounded and played terribly.

I take you play upright too? If so, I just gained a tremendous amount of respect for you
The oddest thing is the 1st bass i bought, this knock off P-bass made by Barracuda has the lowest action i've ever played. lol
Gear
Esp C-10 4-string
Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5-string
Fender Telecoustic
Ampeg B115
Marshall Jackhammer dist/overdrive
Electro Harmonix Big muff Fuzz
Danelectro milkshake Chorus
Seiko SAT500 Chromatic Tuner
Elixer Cables