EQ Pedal
Noise Gate
Either a flanger, phaser, or chorus pedal
Fuzz pedal

My ideal set up would be:
Guitar>Weeping Demon>Fuzz Pedal>Tubescreamer>EHX Metal Muff>Amp>Effects Loop (Effects pedal>EQ pedal>noise gate)

Eventually, I plan to purchase the Octaswitcher and run everything in front of the amp on an individual channel and then run the effects loop set-up on its own channel.

My style is hard-blues-rock/punk influences/thrash-esque metal.

Budget is unlimited because I plan to get these pedals at different periods, although I'd like to keep a limit to $200/pedal.

Also, advise me on what order I should get these in and what order they should go on the pedal board.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Flanger: Ibanez FL9 or EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
Phaser: EHX Small Stone or Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter
Chorus: Analogman w/ deep switch
EDIT: Fuzz: Subdecay F-Bomb, EarthQuaker Devices Dirt Transmitter, Russian Big Muff, Subdecay Flying Tomato, etc...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Jul 1, 2009,
^that and an ISP for a Noise Gate.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Oh, I totally forgot! If you can find one used, a Boss DC2/DC3 are some of the most absolutely gorgeous choruses out there IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
For an EQ the obvious choice would be the MXR M-108. It's a great pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
For an EQ the obvious choice would be the MXR M-108. It's a great pedal.

So I've heard.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

As far as Eq, I think the 10-8 is a little overrated. What most people do with it is make smiles or frowns, which is something you can do for free if your amp has 3 band eq. If you want to save a little cash and you'd still like to have that boost and solo tone availiable, I'd go with the MXR 6 band.
Quote by mattocaster99
As far as Eq, I think the 10-8 is a little overrated. What most people do with it is make smiles or frowns, which is something you can do for free if your amp has 3 band eq. If you want to save a little cash and you'd still like to have that boost and solo tone availiable, I'd go with the MXR 6 band.

I'm willing to fork out the money for more versatility.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Its definitely a great pedal, but to make it worth it to yourself take an hour or so and experiment with all the sliders individually instead of just making pretty shapes.
Quote by mattocaster99
Its definitely a great pedal, but to make it worth it to yourself take an hour or so and experiment with all the sliders individually instead of just making pretty shapes.

And I would agree.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by mattocaster99

I disagree.

The 10 band eq allows for much better tone shaping than 3 bands. If you are trying to say remove or add upper mids or lower mids, kinda hard to do with a 3 band. 10 band is definetly worth it IMO.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
The lowest band on my MXR is a bit unnecessary, I'll admit, but every other band affects my sound in a big way. The gain and volume sliders are very helpful for quieting my amp down when need be.

Also, you CAN'T boost frequencies with an amp's EQ, you can only cut (10 being the maximum the amp puts out) With an EQ you can boost and cut because it's active.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The lowest band on my MXR is a bit unnecessary, I'll admit, but every other band affects my sound in a big way. The gain and volume sliders are very helpful for quieting my amp down when need be.

Also, you CAN'T boost frequencies with an amp's EQ, you can only cut (10 being the maximum the amp puts out) With an EQ you can boost and cut because it's active.

I'm not so sure on that. Typically, 12 o'clock is no cut or boost in that band stage. So "10" would be maximum boost and "0" would be maximum cut.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Empress Parametric EQ
ISP Decimator
Fulltone Choralflange, AnalogMan Chorus /w depth switch, Ibanez flanger, etc.
AnalogMan Fuzz
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Raijouta

I'm not positive but I'm not sure if thats quite the case. And even if it is, most of the percieved tone comes from the volume of the frequencies relative to each other. And don't get me wrong- the 10-8 is a great pedal that can provide quite a few options, but quite a few people don't use it to it's full potential.