ive been playing guitar for just about 13- 14 months, and i have an ibanez acoustic guitar. im learning some of my favorites songs and a whole bunch of songs that require capo. i was wondering what kind of capo would be best for an acoustic guitar and is cheap?
Last edited by lewisteter at Jul 1, 2009,
There are a bunch. The Kyser quick change is one a lot of people use, but it can bend the strings out of tune sometimes.
I use a Kyser. Works pretty well, and it's not a pain in the ass to take off/move around.

You might want to try something else, I dunno. Just saying what I have does well for me.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
I use a Paige capo. It's very quick to change as you just have to roll it down your neck. It takes two hands but it's still faster than a shubb. It also stores over your nut so you don't have to worry about having your capo ruin the finish on your guitar.
^ Best capo ever.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
I like Kyser quick-change capo's just because they're easy to use.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Kayser capos work great. A quick release one is best. Just make sure that when you apply it to your guitar the strings won't move underneath it when you do any string bends.

I have tried quite a few capos and in my humble opinion the best one is a G7th capo. http://www.g7th.com/
I've got a Dunlop capo that works pretty well, but I'm pretty sure any trigger capo will be just fine.
i use the g7 nashville one and its great.
doesnt make my guitar out of tune and it looks cool

its a bit pricey however.
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
I've got a kyser capo, because I told my mom to pick me up a capo one day while she was in the same town as my local shop, and she brought home a blue one. It works quite nicely. But in order to prevent the strings from bending, i place it as close to the fret as i can.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
I've got a kyser capo, because I told my mom to pick me up a capo one day while she was in the same town as my local shop, and she brought home a blue one. It works quite nicely. But in order to prevent the strings from bending, i place it as close to the fret as i can.

You're actually forcing the strings to bend at even more of an acute angle by placing the capo that close to the fret. Try moving it back a bit. Think angles here and you'll know what I mean.

G7th FTW. Won't drive notes sharp unless YOU clamp it down too hard. It also remains neatly out of the way of your fretting hand. Cost? pffft, it's worth it by light years over the competitors.
See, if they could mold the convenience of a Kyser capo with how well the G7th works, it'd be the perfect capo.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I also use a Kyser Capo (steel) BUT it's a bitch to get on my guitar because of the heavy spring. My jamming buddy said that he thinks it's actually for a electric. Took it to the music shop and the guy told me that it is for acoustic.. To me it really doesn't feel right to struggle that much to get in on my guitar wtf!? Any tips??
We recently did a survey on the Acoustic Guitar Forum site and the Shubb products won hands-down.
They can be easily adjusted to bring the strings to the fret without pulling them out of tune.