I put it up on craigslist as $350. It's a 2005 sunburst model and this guy came over to check it out today and I told him the lowest I could go is 300 or 310. He went home and then later called me and said 275, to which I, like an idiot, said 285. I also threw in a gig bag because he asked about one.

Am I letting it go for too cheap? I wanted to get at least $300 from it because I want to use the money to buy an ipod touch, and since the schecter has been collecting dust for a couple of years now, I decided to sell it. I even constantly told him that I can't go lower than 300 because I wanted to use the money to get an ipod touch.

What do you think? Should I be grateful that I'm at least getting $285 for it, or did I just make a big mistake?
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
well it's not that big of a deal. I would have been a little more persistent with it to see if you could have gotten more from him but it's nothing to lose any sleep over.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
well... why did you drop your price if you told him you couldn't go any lower?
And why aren't you playin it? It's a good guitar
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Quote by MightySumo
well... why did you drop your price if you told him you couldn't go any lower?
And why aren't you playin it? It's a good guitar

That's why I said "like an idiot, said $285". I shouldn't have lowered it from $300...

But then again, the guy was considering 2 other strats that are a little cheaper than my schecter today. The strats are only like 225 and 250, which means he can probably get them for like $200. He actually went to check them out, which is why I'm trying to be a little lenient with my price.

The schecter is a fantastic guitar, but I got an early 90s les paul studio as my graduation present. I like my les paul more

I just feel like I might be letting it go for a little too little Maybe when I'm actually selling it I'll convince him to give $300
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Jul 1, 2009,
id try and get 300 for it

the ipod touch is nice, but i hate how idump doesn't work with it. I sometimes regret not just getting a nano instead for that reason, but the touch is still pretty badass
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

the ipod touch is nice, but i hate how idump doesn't work with it. I sometimes regret not just getting a nano instead for that reason, but the touch is still pretty badass

What's idump...?

I've never had an ipod before, but I have had mp3 players that play WMA and MP3 format songs.

I'm planning on jailbreaking it as soon as I get the touch though
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
NOO DON'T SELL IT!!!

well sell it if you want to, but I guarantee you will miss that guitar sometime down the line.
My first guitar was a squire HSS strat and I miss it. Get a pickup upgrade and I guarantee that baby will sing. but if you are that dedicated to sell it, 285 is fair for the guitar alone, but the free gig bag makes it a great deal for that guy.
Quote by ilikeguitar90
What's idump...?

I've never had an ipod before, but I have had mp3 players that play WMA and MP3 format songs.

I'm planning on jailbreaking it as soon as I get the touch though

idump is a program that lets you put the songs from your ipod onto a computer (itunes does not let you do this, unless its songs youve purchased from itunes). The free version doesn't work for the iTouch.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

Idump works fine with mine
Quote by Mikehugo2415
Idump works fine with mine

did you download a free trial of or buy the good version?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by ghiyath
NOO DON'T SELL IT!!!

well sell it if you want to, but I guarantee you will miss that guitar sometime down the line.
My first guitar was a squire HSS strat and I miss it. Get a pickup upgrade and I guarantee that baby will sing. but if you are that dedicated to sell it, 285 is fair for the guitar alone, but the free gig bag makes it a great deal for that guy.

It's not my first guitar, and it doesn't really have any sentimental value to me for some reason. With that being said, I would never even consider parting with my first guitar (my squier strat). I love it and it's my main practice guitar

Yeah I think I'll try to talk him into $300. I guess I'm pretty content with 285 too though.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
You could've gotten at least four hundred on eBay.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Are c-1 plus that cheap in the states... I bought mine for 800 in canada?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
Are c-1 plus that cheap in the states... I bought mine for 800 in canada?
'Bout five hundred new at Guitar Center.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
'Bout five hundred new at Guitar Center.

I thought they are now discontinued, and were $600?

I got mine at guitar center for 480 out the door...
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there