im a complete guitar noob. took it up in a summer course 4 weeks ago.. now the course have 2 weeks left... and we need to get together a song...

i was gonna pick tears in heaven by eric clapton... after i saw the tabs.. didnt think it was doable in 2 weeks..

i can play like 1 major scale flawlessly(that took alot of practice) and a blue scale
i still have trouble with chord switching.
my right hand sometimes might not hit the right string with a pick.
cant do finger pickering...

the prof said songs like heart of gold are too easy and we are required to sing.. i have enough trouble with guitar as it is... i dont want to add singing to it.

can anyone suggest a song thats doable in 2 weeks(ill practice every day!)
and its kinda well known. not to simplisitic(whole song consist of 3chords), so a bit challenging but not so much im gonna be fumbling in the first bar...

btw.. its gonna sound like the song WITHOUT me singing.. so the guitar alone should sound like the song.. no other instrumentaion to harmonize or complete the song..

thats why i picked tears in heaven cause its a very distinguished sound with the guitar alone
Last edited by replicat0r at Jul 1, 2009,
If you wanna do that clapton song, go ahead and do it.

Alot of the times the tabs can be very deceiving as to how hard the song actually is. You could learn pretty much anything if you practice it and it only.

Time of Your Life by Green day?

Or pick a nirvana song. They are all easy.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
We're Going to be Friends - The White Stripes is a good one.
It's the intro to Napoleon Dynamite if you didn't know, and it's pretty simple.
GG Allin's "I Kill Everything I Fuck"
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
inb4 I Cum Blood
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
The Dark Eternal Night, Dream theater.

No srsly. probably some System of a Down.. Chop Suey, Aerials, maybe Sugar if you feel violent.
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Quote by Ganoosh
If you wanna do that clapton song, go ahead and do it.

Alot of the times the tabs can be very deceiving as to how hard the song actually is. You could learn pretty much anything if you practice it and it only.

Time of Your Life by Green day?

Or pick a nirvana song. They are all easy.

learning to fly seems a bit too easy.. since its just 2 strings.. dont think the profs gonna be too happy about that.. i checked out nirvana.. all thier stuff is electric.. cant rearlly make anything out with just an acoustic..
Inaudible melodies by Jack Johnson.

If you can nail the intro, the rest is realllly easy, even the intro isn't too bad.
It's got singing, and the chords are pretty easy, should be doable in 2 weeks. I learned it in about 2 days...

Though at your level, two weeks should be good.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Try Everlong by the Foo Fighters. Either that or My Hero, both of which are great songs.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
You should try to learn Swing Life Away By Rise Against , its easy enough to play and its easy to sing or try Wish You Were Here By Pink Floyd also very easy to play and same with the singing .
Quote by replicat0r
learning to fly seems a bit too easy.. since its just 2 strings.. dont think the profs gonna be too happy about that.. i checked out nirvana.. all thier stuff is electric.. cant rearlly make anything out with just an acoustic..
Nah, Nirvana has an acoustic album (Unplugged). Check it out! Try the Man Who Sold the World (Although it's originally David Bowie's, Nirvana did a great cover on it. And it's acoustic!)
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by matt_123
You should try to learn Swing Life Away By Rise Against , its easy enough to play and its easy to sing or try Wish You Were Here By Pink Floyd also very easy to play and same with the singing .

I think swing life away would be too hard, it's got some weird chords, and a lot of movement.

It's not that hard, but for what TS said, I think it'd be a bit much.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
horse with no name by America
Strum pattern matches the singing and its two or three chords long. Quite easy actually, trust me.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by matt_123
This. It's the first song I ever learned, and really easy to sing and play at the same time.
kill all humans
Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit is a good one: easy and many people like it. But I guess that you can't play it with only an acoustic guitar...

So, maybe From First to Last - Emily. This is the lesson where I've heard this song first, I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-ivK32G4k
Last edited by PnT at Jul 1, 2009,
Do Smells Like Teen Spirit but go a half step down, and replace every power chord with a regular chord. Sounds super sexy.

Or do About a Girl.
Quote by tacosRgood293
The Beatles - Blackbird

think im gonna pick this one.. its got alot of differnet cords but mostly the ones im familier with.. only one bar chords.

and it also have a pick pattern too. seems like my level...
Do the Bobby Fuller Four version of I Fought The Law.

EDIT: well, it's basically made of barre chords but it's still mad fun.
jumper by third eye blind
good riddance by green day
polly by nirvana
knockin on heaven's door by bob dylan
take it easy by the eagles
id say do a nirvana or a beatles song, that should be easy enough

personally id do either

nirvana - about a girl
the beatles - norweigan wood
nirvana - all apologies
nirvana - pennyroyal tea
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Tears in Heaven is 20x easier than it looks. Try it.

Quote by tacosRgood293
The Beatles - Blackbird

That's also good. However, you might need a little singing range for that one.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Last edited by FishCream at Jul 3, 2009,