On my semi hollow bass, iv been working for a few hours on getting the truss set right and im almost there. But Im getting buzz on the E string between the 3 and 7th fret, and on the G string on the 17th fret. Plus on the higher frets the neck goes out of tune. So that my 12th fret E is some where between and E and an F.

My question is this, which way do i turn the truss rod to correct this? The acces point is at the heel of the neck, or by the neck pickup
Well, I know you're going to wanna loosen it.
My guess is turning it left.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Everybody and their grandmother plays guitar. True men play bass.

Amen!!

Quote by ifeastonbums
it won't harm the bass, but it will harm the children, and I for one love the children.

I love the children...
I meant tighten it....sorry.
So turn it right.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Everybody and their grandmother plays guitar. True men play bass.

Amen!!

Quote by ifeastonbums
it won't harm the bass, but it will harm the children, and I for one love the children.

I love the children...
You also need to fix your intonation. you can find instructions for that here: http://www.tunemybass.com/
Also, how do you know that the buzzing is from your neck and not just your action being too low?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
i probably should have mentioned that the saddle is a solid piece wooden saddle with a metal tail piece, like this:

thats actually the bass im working on, the only difference is that there is a nut on each pole to raise it up to match and that the grooves are carved down some more in the saddle to hold the strings in place
Last edited by FUT55 at Jul 2, 2009,
you should turn your truss rod the searchbar way.

(hehe...finally got one)

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
you should turn your truss rod the searchbar way.

(hehe...finally got one)

EDIT: To avoid spamming, it sounds like you need to adjust your intonation as well as your neck/action. Follow the guide at http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/ and see it that fixes your problems. If not, someone else on here may be able to help you more

stratkat
Last edited by EuBoat at Jul 2, 2009,