I love this guitar so dam much!! I played it once and fell in love with it....but sadly i dunno if i can buy one. The lowest price i have seen for one is around $800 on Guitarcenter.com

I was wondering if anyone knew of any price lower doesn't matter if it's epiphone or gibson.
Well firstly, bear in mind that in all ways it's inferior to a regular Custom or Standard. Having a third pickup actually limits your tone options more and reduces sustain - it also increase the number of things to potentially go wrong (which with Epi QC, is a very likely possibility). Then there's the fact the Epi gold hardware rubs off to the bare zinc and brass very quickly, often within just a couple of months.

Secondly, buying an Epi online is stupid. The QC is so random, you have to go play them in person to make sure you're getting a good one, then make sure once you have found a good one that you buy that exact one. If you buy online then the chances are you'll get a dud and you've then got to deal with the hassle of returning it (if the shop even lets you - many shops have stopped letting you return guitars just on this basis now) and try again. It's quicker, easier and often no more expensive to just go to a proper shop right away and buy there once you've made sure you're getting a good guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Well firstly, bear in mind that in all ways it's inferior to a regular Custom or Standard. Having a third pickup actually limits your tone options more and reduces sustain - it also increase the number of things to potentially go wrong (which with Epi QC, is a very likely possibility). Then there's the fact the Epi gold hardware rubs off to the bare zinc and brass very quickly, often within just a couple of months.

Secondly, buying an Epi online is stupid. The QC is so random, you have to go play them in person to make sure you're getting a good one, then make sure once you have found a good one that you buy that exact one. If you buy online then the chances are you'll get a dud and you've then got to deal with the hassle of returning it (if the shop even lets you - many shops have stopped letting you return guitars just on this basis now) and try again. It's quicker, easier and often no more expensive to just go to a proper shop right away and buy there once you've made sure you're getting a good guitar.

Nah, I say just buy it online, if you don't like it.. take advantage of Musician's Friends lenient return policy.
It's still quicker and easier to just go to a shop and do it that way. Also I've checked up on musician's friend's policy since so many people here bang on about it, it only covers you up to a certain point and only so long as you meet certain criteria. Just "I want another one of these" doesn't cut it unless you can point out something specifically technically wrong with the guitar and can prove it was like that when it was shipped.

Or you can just go to a shop, find a good one and have it right first time around.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
plus i think you pay shipping for sending it back, so you'd basically be paying shipping on it getting to you and going back

but they are niiice looking guitars. the only les paul i really like the epi headstock on for some reason... i almost bought one just so i could put gibson humbucker-sized p90s in it
Quote by MrFlibble
It's still quicker and easier to just go to a shop and do it that way. Also I've checked up on musician's friend's policy since so many people here bang on about it, it only covers you up to a certain point and only so long as you meet certain criteria. Just "I want another one of these" doesn't cut it unless you can point out something specifically technically wrong with the guitar and can prove it was like that when it was shipped.

Or you can just go to a shop, find a good one and have it right first time around.

pop it open, cut the grounding wire, say it makes ugly noises when its plugged into an amp.

Voila.
Guitar Center has 15% off this weekend on one item, so if you have one locally you could see if they have one in stock and snag a deal.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I really hate that the Black Beauty name has been so devalued by Gibson/Epiphone.
A REAL Black Beauty has 2 P90's, an Ebony fretboard and very low frets, as specified by Les Paul in 1954 'cos he wanted a guitar that matched his Tuxedo and suited his playing style. I had a '74 re-issue one and, apart from the crazy weight, was gorgeous to play. Mick Box (Uriah Heep) has a pair of them as his stage guitars.
The current Epi with 3 pups doesn't even have the traditional wiring (Mid and Neck together out of phase) of a 3 pup Custom so lacks that great range of tones.
All I'm saying is don't buy the name. Get a Burny 3 pup if that's what you want and do the wiring properly for the traditional sound.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Either get a better copy than Epi or wait and get the real thing. I think the three pickup deal is hideous to begin with, but that's just my opinion.
Gibson.
Quote by Gh057
pop it open, cut the grounding wire, say it makes ugly noises when its plugged into an amp.

Voila.
You really sound like a polite and kind person to be around

Quote by Lurcher
I really hate that the Black Beauty name has been so devalued by Gibson/Epiphone.
A REAL Black Beauty has 2 P90's, an Ebony fretboard and very low frets, as specified by Les Paul in 1954 'cos he wanted a guitar that matched his Tuxedo and suited his playing style. I had a '74 re-issue one and, apart from the crazy weight, was gorgeous to play.
Mick Box (Uriah Heep) has a pair of them as his stage guitars.
The current Epi with 3 pups doesn't even have the traditional wiring (Mid and Neck together out of phase) of a 3 pup Custom so lacks that great range of tones.
All I'm saying is don't buy the name. Get a Burny 3 pup if that's what you want and do the wiring properly for the traditional sound.

Absolutely agree with this!!
Quote by MrFlibble

Ok the thing is my GUITARCENTER DOESN'T HAVE THE EPI BLACK BEAUTY WHICH IS CHEAPER THAN A GIBSON!!ALL THEY HAVE IS GIBSONS FOR LIKE 3 G's
Quote by Lurcher
A REAL Black Beauty has 2 P90's, an Ebony fretboard and very low frets, as specified by Les Paul in 1954 'cos he wanted a guitar that matched his Tuxedo and suited his playing style. I had a '74 re-issue one and, apart from the crazy weight, was gorgeous to play. Mick Box (Uriah Heep) has a pair of them as his stage guitars.

I know what you meen man on guitarcenter.com there is a 1957 black beauty and its great
You will be hard pressed to find a Gibson under $1200, with the exception of a Studio. If you do find one, be very careful of counterfiets.

If you are considering an Epi, think about some other brands like Agile (http://www.rondomusic.com) and Michael Kelly (http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com). You can get them new for under $500. I have read some great reviews on them. Enough that when an MK Patriot Q came up for same locally, I jumped on it. I was not disappointed. the quality and build it top notch. The sound is very good. The sustain... wow!

*** Puts on his flame proof coveralls and lowers his visor ***
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by MrFlibble

You can get it from Zzounds.

Quote by Zzounds Return Policy

We guarantee your complete satisfaction for 30 days after your order is delivered.

Request Return Authorization on an order or item You have Received.

Our 30 day return policy is the most generous in the industry. We allow you to return almost any product for any reason. When returning a product, you can request an identical replacement item, exchange the product for another product, or request a refund. When procedures are followed, there are no restocking fees.

If the return results from the receipt of damaged or defective product, or from our mistake, we will pay the shipping charges - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. Often we will issue a factory-fresh product in advance (pending an approval) to get you playing music as soon as possible. Because we're musicians too.

http://www.zzounds.com/returns

Then the guitar you are talking about -> http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPILPC3G
They also have the '57 BB but it's above $4k

Edit: There are Gibson guitars for under $1200, most of which include Faded. They also have a V and a Melody Maker in there though.
Edit #2: Raw Power as well.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Last edited by Slash546 at Jul 31, 2009,
think. you want a LP, right, but why an epi?. Black beauty....personally, $800?!?!?!? i would get an edwards les paul(they have all colors). Itll sound better and look better than the Epi. Hell, its quality is better than gibson at this point in time. EDWARDS LES PAUL! $736 on their website, great tone, great look, great quality, great feel. Buy one, not an Epiphone. Moral of the story is, dont pay for the name.
Quote by MrFlibble

Or you can save a ton of $$$$ and buy it online, then find a luthier who'll adjust and set it up with strings and all for as little as $25. I've bought a ton of gear thru Musician's Friend and never had problem one. You can also purchase thru Guitar Center's online store. I've been to the store to buy stuff they've advertised only to have the clerk place the order online for me as the gear wasn't in the store.
Quote by mrbreeze317
Or you can save a ton of $$$$ and buy it online, then find a luthier who'll adjust and set it up with strings and all for as little as $25. I've bought a ton of gear thru Musician's Friend and never had problem one. You can also purchase thru Guitar Center's online store. I've been to the store to buy stuff they've advertised only to have the clerk place the order online for me as the gear wasn't in the store.
It's not about the setup, it's about actual, technical faults with the guitar which are often unfixable/so costly to fix it's not worth it.

Quote by metallica #1
Ok the thing is my GUITARCENTER DOESN'T HAVE THE EPI BLACK BEAUTY WHICH IS CHEAPER THAN A GIBSON!!ALL THEY HAVE IS GIBSONS FOR LIKE 3 G's
Then just don't bother looking at the Black Beauty because seriously it's inferior in every way to the Standards.
Quote by metallica #1
I love this guitar so dam much!! I played it once and fell in love with it....but sadly i dunno if i can buy one. The lowest price i have seen for one is around $800 on Guitarcenter.com

I was wondering if anyone knew of any price lower doesn't matter if it's epiphone or gibson.
Black Beauty isn't all that specific, are you talking about the 2 or 3 pickup model? Really any black les paul custom can be called a "black beauty" but for some reason Gibson and Epi have been advertising only the 3 pickup models are "black beauty" for the last several years.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 2, 2009,
i've personally never touch the epi one but i heard that it has a bad tone or losses its tone after a while but if u can find a cheap gibson one u should go for it
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated