How lenient are the pubs on drinking age in Ireland? I'm 16, but I could pass for 18 easily. I'm going to Ireland for a week or two this summer and I would like to go out to a pub with my sister (23) occasionally and have a beer and such. I'm not looking to get drunk, just have a beer and maybe a smoke and relax.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
You should be fine, some pubs are different to others. Where are you going might I ask?
Originally Posted by JayLacelle
because UGers are smarter than the average human being
Cork, Dublin, and i believe Kildare, though it could be kilkenny.

rural areas

i go there every summer, and since like 13 or 14 ive been let into pubs and served

but obviously dont get piss drunk and act stupid etc etc
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Is your sister hot?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by ep1kz
rural areas

i go there every summer, and since like 13 or 14 ive been let into pubs and served

but obviously dont get piss drunk and act stupid etc etc

Not the plan. I can't stand getting drunk, but I'm a fan of good beer.

Side question, how hard is it to get a pack of smokes in ireland?

Quote by zekk
How lenient are the pubs on drinking age in Ireland? I'm 16, but I could pass for 18 easily. I'm going to Ireland for a week or two this summer and I would like to go out to a pub with my sister (23) occasionally and have a beer and such. I'm not looking to get drunk, just have a beer and maybe a smoke and relax.

hahaha ur so full of ittt
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
hahaha ur so full of ittt

So full of it? Cause I'm actually a teenager who knows to what point he wants to get inhibited and not any farther? Go **** yourself. I enjoy drugs, and yes alcohol is a drug, but I also enjoy control.

I'll work on those pics man, and no my sister isn't very hot. Taken, too. Sorry guys

Quote by zekk

I'll work on those pics man, and no my sister isn't very hot. Taken, too. Sorry guys

oh thanks man
ur gonna find it really hard to get served drink in dublin city. we have a lovely drink u get in the off licence for half nothin called dutch gold , u wont be dissapointed

There's a smoking ban in Ireland in pubs.
If your in a city its gonna be a lot harder than if you were in the countryside to get beer and cigs. Just get your sister to get the drinks and smokes for you. And its illegal to smoke in a pub. Dont even try that because you wont get away with it. They're really strict about that, but you probably know that already.

And dont listen to Johnny08. He lives in Dublin and drinks Dutch Gold. Obviously a knacker! :P
PSN ID: Blade3195
Last edited by madbomber233 at Jul 2, 2009,
Yeah, I knew about the smoking ban, yet somehow it slipped my mind entirely. I think we're spending some time in both city's and country, so I'll see how it is. But thanks guys. Anyone else with anything they wanna share please do.

Quote by qsceszxdwa
Bring back pics of hot Irish women please.

Zolom does not understand this concept. Hot...Irish woman? Thats an oxymoron. Like Military intellegence. (two words combined that cant make sense *squeadlies*)
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zolom
Zolom does not understand this concept. Hot...Irish woman? Thats an oxymoron. Like Military intellegence. (two words combined that cant make sense *squeadlies*)

I have to disagree here. My ex is Irish and she's ridiculously hot. Unfortunately I don't have any pics to prove it.

Anyway, I doubt you'll get served TC, especially not in Dublin. Big pubs are going to be pretty careful about who they serve to in case they end up getting their license revoked.
Depends on where you go. Go to a rural pub and you might have a chance. Go to one in Dublin city centre, you'll probaby be laughed out of it.
If you look old enough and you're with someone who is clearly of age (your sister) then you should be ok in pubs. More or less every CLUB however will ID on entry, just warning you in case you decide to try your luck there too.

And as many said already, you'll have a better chance in a rural pub than in a city centre.

Quote by zekk
Not the plan. I can't stand getting drunk, but I'm a fan of good beer.

Side question, how hard is it to get a pack of smokes in ireland?
You should be OK in most smaller pubs. The big places and night clubs will ID you though. Or you could just pretend you're going with your 23 year old sister and link arms with her going in or something.

There's a smoking ban in pubs, you can only smoke outdoors in Ireland nowadays. But fags aren't too hard to buy. Just get your sister who is of age to buy them.
Quote by Zolom
Well then lucky us, you have no idea what you're missing. We do have some fine looking women over here you know. Except your ignorance in the matter is keeping you from seeing that.
Quote by johnny08
ur gonna find it really hard to get served drink in dublin city. we have a lovely drink u get in the off licence for half nothin called dutch gold , u wont be dissapointed
TS, you will be bitterly disappointed. Dutch Gold is absolute piss, and tastes disgusting.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Last edited by dgme92 at Jul 2, 2009,
Originally Posted by johnny08

As long as your with an adult and dont look 12 years old he should get into a few pubs in dublin. I got hammered in dorans when I was 17.

Also ts dutch gold is piss, if your looking for cheep good beer buy karpackie.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Keep away from the sort of city pubs that have big guys on the door. They want to see ID. Outside the cities no-one gives a **** as long as you look old enough and act sensibly. School uniform is not a great idea.
The law still exists here that youngsters are allowed in pubs before 7pm 'cos in many villages the pub is the only meeting place for everyone. Just don't be shocked if someone younger than you is serving during the daytime.
Oh, and there is a total smoking ban so expect to see people standing around outside amidst a pile of ciggie butts.

Quick afterthought. The Ambassador music venue at the top of O'Connell Street in Dublin very often has no age limit policy. Good bands play there and the acoustics are brilliant, it being circular. Worth checking out.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by madbomber233
If your in a city its gonna be a lot harder than if you were in the countryside to get beer and cigs. Just get your sister to get the drinks and smokes for you. And its illegal to smoke in a pub. Dont even try that because you wont get away with it. They're really strict about that, but you probably know that already.

And dont listen to Johnny08. He lives in Dublin and drinks Dutch Gold. Obviously a knacker! :P

im from tipp , not a knacker and WAS jkin bout the dutch gold comment. ts should try linden village .
Quote by zekk

Just get your sister to buy you the drink if you don't get served.. As for smoking.. You have to do that outside, it's illegal to smoke in public buildings here
Quote by zekk
Cork, Dublin, and i believe Kildare, though it could be kilkenny.

Where abouts in Kildare?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes
Jimi Hendrix

"In paradise there are no walls"
I imagine that there like pubs in england. If you go to a local village pub, they're less likely to care and serve you.. god I was drinking in a pub last weekend and I'm a 16 year old that looks 14 at the oldest. that's just my reccomendation, big pubs in city centres are less likely to let you in without ID.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by johnny08
im from tipp , not a knacker and WAS jkin bout the dutch gold comment. ts should try linden village .

Impossible, we're all knackers in Tipp.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Numero uno. Drink. Rural pubs=no problemo
city pubs=depends, if they have doormen, then you'll likely get id'd if you look under 25. if they dont, then get your sister to buy you beer and you'll be sweet.
Numero dos. Smokes. Piece of piss to get, if not, ask your sis to buy you them?
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Thanks alot guys. I'll try some of the smaller pubs then. I'm not really assed about it anyway, it'd just be nice. I'm a fan of beer, irish beer as an added plus, and thats the only reason I'm really even asking about it.