I'm looking to play classic rock, Zeppelin/Pink Floyd sort of stuff, and I'd ideally like to spend no more than $60 (used). Is there a pedal that is an absolute must to get that kind of tone?
Maybe an eq pedal? You can get a danelectro fish n chips eq for 40, or maybe a used boss 7 band eq for about that price. I played the dano, great pedal for the price a little noisy when the volume slider is all the way up though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Jul 2, 2009,
A decent OD pedal, preferably one with a mid hump or 3 band eq. Check your local craigslist. Maybe a Danelectro Daddy-O. I used to have one, fit the bill pretty well with my Bjr. But there are plenty that would work.
A good EQ pedal, or a O.D. pedal
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'd say a Big Muff would be what you want for Gilmour solo tones.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Look into a Boss OD, or Blues Driver, depending on what you're going for. The Digitech Hardwire stuff is pretty nice too.
Well idk for 60 but you could get a Tubescreamer. Since it is a tube amp you could get a cheap overdrive and then you could just turn the pedal up really loud so your amp breaks up
Quote by Raijouta
I'd say a Big Muff would be what you want for Gilmour solo tones.

Is there a big difference in tone between the USA Big Muff, the Russian Big Muff, or the Nano Muff? I'm looking for variety but like I said, classic rock tones mainly.
Quote by hmbeast
Is there a big difference in tone between the USA Big Muff, the Russian Big Muff, or the Nano Muff? I'm looking for variety but like I said, classic rock tones mainly.

The US big muff is very bright and upbeat, where as the russian big muff is powerful, and menacing with a darker tone.

the nano muff just has less room for EQ'ing on the pedal
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Digitech bad monkey?

Surely a no-brainer at that price.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

An OD pedal, an EQ pedal, a noise gate, etc.
A few 'must-haves' if you will.
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV