Ok, here is the situation

As some of you may already know I am a writer. Some of you have seen my threads asking for ideas. Well here is another one.

Situation in the story: Basically, a battle of the bands is going on. The main character is in a band playing guitar and he is competing. I have a song that inspires his band, but I want a song that will inspire his rival band.

I was thinking about a metalcore song of some kind, for my own reasons. The thing is I don't listen to much metalcore (I prefer real metal lol).

So pit, name me a good metalcore song that can inspire this band that will rival the main characters band.

tldr;
need a metalcore song to inspire a band for my story
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Try Killswitch Engage, or some bands signed to Roadrunner Records.

I don't quite enjoy a lot of metalcore, but I enjoy the occasional Killswitch Engage.
The Baying of the Hounds by Opeth.

Do it.

EDIT:

Oops. not really metalcore, but whatever.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
ITT: RTO is rewriting Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey with himself playing the roll of Station.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Not familiar with the genre or its definition, but if I had to guess a certain song, maybe Rockstar Nailbomb-The Fall of Troy?
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
I think in the spirit of 80s movies you gotta make the rival band be way into hair metal, motorcycles, and matching leather jackets.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I'd like to read this story when it's finished, it sounds good. I outlined some characters for a similar story recently myself, but I never went anywhere with it......
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by alaskan_ninja

I though of using this at first, but then it dawned on me that I needed something, a little... uhh... better

Quote by gwitersnamps
I think in the spirit of 80s movies you gotta make the rival band be way into hair metal, motorcycles, and matching leather jackets.

Nah, this is about today, this is our time now. Time to take the music scene back.

Quote by E_squared
I'd like to read this story when it's finished, it sounds good. I outlined some characters for a similar story recently myself, but I never went anywhere with it......

sure, I'm working on getting one of my other ones published right now, but once that ones done. I'd like to get this one out next.

Its also my story that can surpass twilight in mere seconds. So yeah..
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by GuitarYay
that's definitely not "Metalcore"

good song though
I don't think you get it...
kill all humans
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I though of using this at first, but then it dawned on me that I needed something, a little... uhh... better

Nah, this is about today, this is our time now. Time to take the music scene back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_ZMWF7ei4

this?

Quote by alaskan_ninja
I don't think you get it...

Probably not

we're you going for the lyrical stuff of that song? "you never said that this would be easy so go on and live"?
Last edited by GuitarYay at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by GuitarYay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_ZMWF7ei4

this?

Probably not

we're you going for the lyrical stuff of that song? "you never said that this would be easy so go on and live"?
It's sort of become a running joke here in the Pit. Not quite to meme territory yet, but there's a chance it could get there.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
It's sort of become a running joke here in the Pit. Not quite to meme territory yet, but there's a chance it could get there.

Omg, **** yeah I remember that thread now, it made me slightly angry but at the same time, I was like some of the stuff they're saying = truths
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I prefer real metal lol

check out Parkway Drive

+1000000 GuitarYay for Big Wiggly
Last edited by TheReverend724 at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by TheReverend724

check out Parkway Drive

I was thinking about putting up Unholy Confessions what's your views on this rev?
Quote by GuitarYay
I was thinking about putting up Unholy Confessions what's your views on this rev?

do it, but i still prefer Second Heartbeat and Remenissions
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Last edited by deathnote29 at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by alaskan_ninja

oh ****, did this all start because I posted that crabcore thing in YLYL recently
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
oh ****, did this all start because I posted that crabcore thing in YLYL recently

i saw them live yesterday
they werent very good (mostly due to levels and stuff)
but i still like them, even though the crabcore thing is hilarious (i especially love the "wooh" jump)