what i need:
very slim neck, very comfortable. (like an Ibanez Prestige)

genres i play:
Metal. But i also play jazz and blues. So I'd want the EMG/Blackouts sound, BUT I'd also want the Dimarzio clean sound.

Floyd Rose bridge for sustain and to keep in tune. (though it would give me a hard time to replace the strings or tune down)

Standard Shape, i hate all the Devilish looking guitars like the B.C Rich stuff.

p.s: i hate fender.

EDIT:
bands i play for: Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera, ZZ top, ACDC, Trivium, and few others.

brands i don't want: Gibson, And Fender.
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
Last edited by TTElectro at Jul 2, 2009,
... If you actually find a guitar like that, go crazy. But the simple solution is to buy a decent, cheap Ibanez RG or something with a floyd rose, then replace the pickups. Done.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
i thought of that..but what pickups would i get?!
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
Quote by TTElectro
i thought of that..but what pickups would i get?!

Exactly what you described, haha. Some EMG's and a Dimarzio. Specifically what pickups? All up to you.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
Budget?

not sure of that yet.
-Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Igotyerbooty
Man if you got the money go knock on Ibanez's door and get them to custom you an 8 string like this dude has mocked up.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/27699-allrighty-my-signature-ibanez-eight-the-rm8.html

what am i supposed to do with an 8 strings?! i need a 6 strings normal guitar
-Dimebag Darrell
Quote by TTElectro
what am i supposed to do with an 8 strings?! i need a 6 strings normal guitar

Haha, I was just throwing it out there. You said neck feel of an Ibanez Prestige, first thing I think of when it comes to Ibanez are 7's, then up.
Last edited by Igotyerbooty at Jul 2, 2009,
Ibanez S series [S320, S470].
One of the best trems out there [along with OFR, certain Edge, etc.]

Although, my main concern is what amp you are using.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Ibanez S series [S320, S470].
One of the best trems out there [along with OFR, certain Edge, etc.]

Although, my main concern is what amp you are using.

i'm just using a big ass Technics stereo system ..but i'm gonna get a decent amp after i get a decent guitar

a krank if i could afford it ..or maybe just a marshall
-Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Baby Joel
Washburn WM526.

way too god damn expensive.

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Go for an ESP

ESP have large necks ..tried them out and didn't like their necks ..though they sound really good.
-Dimebag Darrell
Quote by TTElectro
way too god damn expensive.

Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
Budget?

Quote by TTElectro
not sure of that yet.

That's why it's a good reason to be sure. At least a rough estimate would have been helpful.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

That's why it's a good reason to be sure. At least a rough estimate would have been helpful.

this! and also what amp do you play?
In my experience, nothing is the same as an authentic Ibanez Prestige Wizard neck. You can get close, but not quite the same. Guitars that have a similar neck profile are Wizard-II equipped Ibanez guitars, Jackson, LTD, and even the MusicMan JP-6.

Speaking of which, there is a new line of guitars by MusicMan running under the name "Sterling" i believe. They have a budget model JP-6 for $500 USD. Maybe look into that?
ESP LTD EC series or MH(i think) series. Lot have floyd, most have EMGs, all have great quality, looks, and feel.
there's a nice 2009 Ibanez RG8570Z on ebay right now going for about $1950 and since you won't give a ****ing price range i say shoot for the top.

but seriously, just give some indication of what you can pay. this forum can find you a guitar from $200 to $2000

i strongly recommend ibanez, but if you won't say how much you're looking i can't recommend anything at all
budget: less than 1000$

and i was thinking of the Ibanez RGT6EX ..it comes with EMGs 81/85 and i could always do the V18 mod for better performance.

and about the amp as i said i have a technics big ass stereo system ..didn't get an amp yet but i'm thinking about Marshall for being affordable with good quality. dunno which series though.
-Dimebag Darrell
If you want affordable Marshall, go DSL or Haze series.
I'm looking now for some good guirars.
it's all coming back

used ibanez RG550/570 or RG770. those have thin necks, and a great bridge, and usually people would of have had changed the pickups in them by now.

also a floyd rose will technically give you the least amount of sustain compared to the other bridges.

edit: and also ibanez s series.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 3, 2009,
it's all coming back

Last edited by Baby Joel at Jul 3, 2009,