Well a few days ago I bought a set of 3 D'Addario EXL120 Strings (.009 - .042) off of eBay because I thought it would save me time whenever I needed to replace strings.

Now this is the first time i've used D'Addario strings and it's because a mate told me they were good strings.

So I got them and restrung my guitar then I got the High E string, strung it up and stretched it to tighten it at the tuning peg and it snaps... So without thinking about it I restrung it with a nother string from one of the other packs and that all seemed fine until about 5 mins ago when it snapped... Now I wouldn'y say i'm too hefty with my strings and I don't understand why they're snapping. Is it just me or is this a crap pack or something.

So now I have 2 sets of useless strings as i'm going to need to use the final string from the final pack..
ive neever used D'Addario's before but it could be multiple reasons

where is the string breaking at?

and i use gibson strings and i have never played with better strings
ive never broke one and i have never been able to bend a string as far with any other string set
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Well the first string broke near the nut (and I can tell you the nut is not the problem because I replaced it at the same time as the new strings) and the second, oddly enough, broke at the end at the bridge, the ball on the end just came off...
it sounds like bad strings
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Meh well either way i'm not planning to use these string anymore. I just wasted £12 and only have one full set of strings to use with 1 incomplete one
Beware of fakes from the internet.
But like the man said, Gibson Brite Wires are about the best you can buy, even if they are a bit more than other brands.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

If you replaced the nut at the same time, it could very much be the problem. Just check it for any rough edges and make sure it´s slotted for the proper guage.
They are relatively thin strings too... and did you get them off an authorised seller on ebay, or some random who happened to have spare strings?
May i recommend Ernie Ball strings?

Since i changed from stupid Fender .08's to Ernie Ball .10's, everything has been better. They are great strings, with long life!
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I'm very happy with DR strings. I use Black Beauties on my Iceman and DR rares on my Acoustic.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
It was an authorized seller and the packaging looks legit so I assume they're legit..
Quote by Gakbez

Since i changed from stupid Fender .08's to Ernie Ball .10's, everything has been better. They are great strings, with long life!

The Regular Slinkys? I used those beforehand and I think I might go back to them or just grab some Gibby strings
Guitar:
Epiphone SG G-400

Effects:
Line 6 Pod

Amp:
Marshall MG30FX
Just look very carefully for some guitar based factor that you didn´t think of. I´ve never heard of string breakage problems while tuning up with D´addario nor have I heard of the ball end slipping out.

It would suck to buy more strings only to break them also.
That's the thing though, the ball end didn't exactly slip but the bit of string holding it in place snapped...
Guitar:
Epiphone SG G-400

Effects:
Line 6 Pod

Amp:
Marshall MG30FX
Quote by Gakbez

i don't think it's the change from fender to EB's that's produced the improvement, it's the change in gauge.

i use fender 10 - 46 and there is nothing wrong with them.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Why in God's name would you buy strings from EBay? Most music stores sell box sets and I've bought a 10 pack awhile back (D'Addario 10- 46) and got a Planet Waves tuner included in the box for under 5.00 CAD a set. I've used D'Addarios for most of my life (tried GHS, Fender, Ernie Ball etc all decent as well) and never had problems with them.
Moving on.....
I have been using D'Addario strings since I started playing in 1995. I have never had an issue with them.

The DR strings are really good as well, but they do cost more.