Hi UG!

I bought the new Dream Theater Album (Black Clouds & Silver Linings) and I ripped it to my PC with windows media player, so I can play it on my archos 504. The Archos 504 has the Play For Sure label, so any protected file should be playable with the device.

So this is what I did:

-I BOUGHT the album
-Ripped it with windows media player with highest quality available
-put it on my archos 504
-disappointment due to it not working

The failing message reads: File damaged, can't play

The file is not damaged, I can play it on my pc!

Any help appreciated!

Waltaa
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
oh wait, I used a lower bitrate and now it works. Strange, I figured 1125 KBPS would be nice, 319 KPPS 's still ok^^

Thanks
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Don't worry man, you're not missing much

No no, it's a good album.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
it's not a good album, it's a stunning, awesome, indenyably super de luxe album xD

Cheers
Lyrically it could have been better and mike could have not sung, but that's my only real problem with it. The cover of 'take your fingers from my hair' is absolutely godly.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Lyrically it could have been better and mike could have not sung, but that's my only real problem with it. The cover of 'take your fingers from my hair' is absolutely godly.

No kidding! I like the singing better than the previous album tough. I saw them live and this time it didn't sound like someone was raping a pig backstage. The performance was perfect; sound, voice, godlikeliness...