One of my mates was using something the other day... designed for the guitar... could use it as a tuner aswell.... he'd just plug in and record stuff and then upload to the computer and to put his tunes on myspace.

I never got to ask what it was called... ive forgotten anyway if he mentioned it! But i need something just like that to get my music up, but i dont know what these things are called!????

Can anybody help?

Thanks!
It's called an interface. They come in Firewire/USB form, and there are tons of different kinds.
Right ok, thanks for that!
I'll start looking....

If anyone could name any good ones or what to look at, would be great!
Thanks again
I recorded at a studio yesterday and they used this:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FP10-10x10-FireWire-Interface?sku=242036#new

They also had a pretty big mixer, Cubase LE, and more mics than any person would ever need. But if you're just starting out, a Line 6 Toneport with POD Farm and Audacity (free recording software) will do you just fine.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
I recorded at a studio yesterday and they used this:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FP10-10x10-FireWire-Interface?sku=242036#new

They also had a pretty big mixer, Cubase LE, and more mics than any person would ever need. But if you're just starting out, a Line 6 Toneport with POD Farm and Audacity (free recording software) will do you just fine.

FirePods are awesome. Me and the bassist in my old band used to have one, along with a tube compressor, 31 band EQ, a Sonic Maximizer and Cubase SX3. We were getting better results out of that than any studios in the area
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
FirePods are awesome. Me and the bassist in my old band used to have one, along with a tube compressor, 31 band EQ, a Sonic Maximizer and Cubase SX3. We were getting better results out of that than any studios in the area

exactly!
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss