I played in my talent show for my school this year. I came in 2nd place but everybody said I should of won, but it doesn't matter. It's about the playing, got 75 bucks though that was cool.

I'm using backing tracks to well, back me up so I can play lead.

here's the first part

Joe Satriani - Midnight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAuzsaIedNI

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTofPd0hj8o

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBLr5biZps

that's the last part. My playing is probably best in the 2nd one, but I play with my teeth on the last one incase you want to see that.

Let me know what you think, thanks
Should HAVE won, not should of won.

and you were quite good.
DeVillains!
lemme guess, you lost to some popular kids doing some step-dance or something?
Check out my band Disturbed
No, well kinda. He played a few chords on an acoustic with three other singers who didn't do that well.

They did a cover of Mr.Brightside at half the original tempo. Took forever to end. He was popular and did all the plays (the guitarist) and is like king of the honor roll, and the teachers running it are in the honor bullshizzle.

He told me I should of gotten first but, all I wanted to do was make every arrogant guitarist in my school know that they need to practice more and that they suck. I think I suck myself.
Nice - enjoyed it!

^^ wow another south african
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Quote by nan0
No, well kinda. He played a few chords on an acoustic with three other singers who didn't do that well.

They did a cover of Mr.Brightside at half the original tempo. Took forever to end. He was popular and did all the plays (the guitarist) and is like king of the honor roll, and the teachers running it are in the honor bullshizzle.

He told me I should of gotten first but, all I wanted to do was make every arrogant guitarist in my school know that they need to practice more and that they suck. I think I suck myself.

Should HAVE

Haha, nah, but seriously well done. You probably should have won, but y'know how it is. And you're not being a bad sport about it, which is excellent.

And you do not suck.
Thanks guys, it took me almost two years to get down surfing with the alien, some parts still need work but yeah.

I just got the guitar that week so I was still getting used to it as well.
Quote by nan0
Thanks guys, it took me almost two years to get down surfing with the alien, some parts still need work but yeah.

I just got the guitar that week so I was still getting used to it as well.

I only watched surfing with the alien.
You play really well-you must practice a lot-but there is room for improvement. If you keep going at this rate youll be awsome soon. Just dont get RSI like me.
Quote by nan0
What's RSI? lol thanks man

Tendonitis/Carpel tunnel/nerve damage e.t.c you should really read up about it. I practiced 6 hours but havnt been able to play All year-Idoubt ill ever be able to use my 3rd finger
Well I don't really play hard, and Joe Satriani used to play up to 10 hours a day for a month straight.
don't know much about RSI myself but my one mate had something similar said he used a brace and did some sort of specific movement exercises to fix his hand. not sure if you've tried that

took like 6months though
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Yeah the camera didn't pick the sound up that well, I was using a marshall tube amp and it actually sounded nice in person, plus youtube made it even worse quality...