hey guys as the title suggests im wanting to build my own guitar from scratch and i was wondering if anyone else has ever built one before and can offer any advice

please and thanks
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I really hope SUIT UP is a Barney reference.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
I really hope SUIT UP is a Barney reference.

yep it is...gotta love HIMYM
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
i dont know if you have heard of this place but there is a guitar building store were you can buy all you need to build your own guitar and they have a how to build a guitar video that shows you everything you need to know. www.stewmac.com they sell anything you can think of on building a guitar.
search ormbsby, LP addict, and nuttinbuttrubl. Theres a lot of other people who have done it but they have all posted quite a few build threads.

edit: and while your at it, if you just skim the first 3 pagesof GB&C you'll probably come across 5 to 10 build threads.
Last edited by mattocaster99 at Jul 2, 2009,
Watch these boards for a few days, and you'll see what's going on. Also, if you have any general questions, pop into the Jim Thread. People get up to everything on here, from amp building to pedal building, and guitar rewiring to full builds of guitar sets.

We've got a few pro builders, who generally show you how it's done, then tonnes of hobbyists/amateurs who are out to show that guitar building is for anyone. Most of the guys are self-taught, too. Perry Ormsby, in particular, is bloody impressive. He's self-taught, has a real passion for his work, and now has a little empire of guitar-building genius.

So, yeah. My best advice is to read threads on here and do thorough research. Also, whilst I haven't bought it, everyone suggests reading Melvyn Hiscock's guitar-building book.
EDIT:
Just look at some of the guitars already built.
They should help you out with whatever you need
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jul 2, 2009,