I currently run my primary guitar, a 1997 Ibanez S470 w/ OFR through simply a Line 6 AX2 2x12 w/ long board. However, I want to go a little more old school with my tone (plus the fact that I love pedals) and with my current funds (1000 U.S.), this is my current idea for my live rig:

Ibanez S470->Peavey Valve King Head->2x12 cab (I built)->Maxon OD808->MXR Phase 90->No name Chorus->Boss DD-3->Boss RV-5->MXR M-109 6-Band EQ

I would have to buy everything listed except the guitar and the chorus and phaser pedals. That setup keeps me right around a grand.
Yes, I've tried out the pedals and the amp; I'm simply looking for other suggestions that are along the lines of these items.

I'm looking for a... Between the Buried and Me type tone, or maybe Scale the Summit.

Thanks!
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by eyebanez333
Would you go used? I wouldn't pick the VK as a head to play BTBAM.

I have no problem with used. I picked the Valve King primarily because of a decent price and it can get pretty killer gain with a good OD pedal ahead of it.
Well the valveking isn't really built for thrash/progressive metal right out of the box. I would say get a Bugera 333XL, or save and get a real Mesa, specifically a Dual Rectifier, which is what Paul Waggoner and Dustie Waring use in the studio.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^+1 to the Bugera...or keep an eye out for a Peavey XXX, B-52, or Mesa used. They are closer to the tone you're looking for than the VK.
Cool. I've heard good things about the Bugera. Thanks guys.