Does anyone else ever have days that your jamming just sucks for some reason, and it feels like your playing the same thing again and again. I need some help breaking out of these spells, if anyone has any advice.
yup your stuck in a rut, go learn some new scales.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
I go through that all the time, though, still am on some days.

It brings me a bit of relief and inspiration to really sit down and listen to my musical influences closely. Another option that helps me a lot is simply to put improvising aside, and play some of my favourite artists' music. Play and sing along simply for the sake of enjoyment. It eases my mind off that pressure, and allows me to think more clearly. I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Michael
Some electrics...
Some acoustics...
well you may just be having a bad day. i had one yesterday. even the pros have bad days. if you feel like you are playing the same thing over and over, just try something else. dont just keep doing it. try playing with wider intervals or harmonizing in thirds or fifths (or anything).
Quote by ZeBubba!
go learn some new scales.

T/S, learn how to phrase. Even if you stick to pentatonics, you'll always sound new if you phrase it right. For instance, ever notice that singers (just for a moment, think of soloing as singing with your guitar) will repeat melodic bits and will only use say 4 to 8 notes in each phrase. They'll like sing 8 (or so) notes and then stop. Then they might sing the last 8 notes again, except a few notes might be different or it will be higher or whatever. They might even sing a new phrase and come back to the old phrase later.

In improvising, don't just play random notes. Look for melodic phrases and repeat them. Dizzy Gillespie (IIRC) once spent hours repeating the same 4 notes just because they sounded cool.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by TommEnright
Does anyone else ever have days that your jamming just sucks for some reason, and it feels like your playing the same thing again and again. I need some help breaking out of these spells, if anyone has any advice.

yep.

solution: get inspired

learn a song, learn solo, learn some ......music

play it, enjoy it
shred is gaudy music
sometimes. im new to this ug part of the forums. but eat something good and healthy/smoke some herb if you're in a good mood you'll improvise better.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
^Smoking herbs is good.

My herb makes me tired though. I feel too lazy to pick up my guitar. Maybe I should look for new herbs.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.