All parts like this are like impossible for me to get. This one is from Mr. Crowley -- specifically at the beginning of the solo.

|----------10----------------10----------------10----------------10-------10--|
|--------10---13p10--------10---13p10--------10---13p10--------10---13p10-----|
|-12^(14)-----------12^(14)-----------12^(14)-----------12^(14)---------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I get the first three notes just fine and the pull-off messes me up completely and I can't get any farther. I've tried playing it over and over again SLOWLY and it doesn't work .
Also might mention I have no idea what the "(14)" means but I'm guessing from the way I always see it used that it's (in this case) bend up to the pitch of the 14th fret on the G string?
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Try a little bit at a time. & you;ll get it eventually. Even if you just practice the 3 notes after in a row & then the next 3 etc. & then put it all together (AND THAT'S HOW WE ROLL (8)). < Sorry bout that, I've had it in my head all day cos of my cousin... Anyway, I don't actually know what the "(14)" bit means, as I don't do soloing, I do acoustic . Just work on it part by part, or jam with someone else, working together is proven to improve your playing! Hope I helped?
Quote by Fieryhead
Try a little bit at a time. & you;ll get it eventually. Even if you just practice the 3 notes after in a row & then the next 3 etc. & then put it all together (AND THAT'S HOW WE ROLL (8)). < Sorry bout that, I've had it in my head all day cos of my cousin... Anyway, I don't actually know what the "(14)" bit means, as I don't do soloing, I do acoustic . Just work on it part by part, or jam with someone else, working together is proven to improve your playing! Hope I helped?

Somewhat, the problem is stringing it together as it's (except the end) the same thing over and over again. I can do it individually without a problem but with the pull-off in there then repeating it I cannot do.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Yes well you are correct about the bend part of 14. Use your Ring finger to bend the 12 on the g string and then use your index finger to get the 10's. For the pull off use your pinky to get the 13. Thats the best positioning you can have I believe. Anyways, practice makes perfect.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
The 12^(14) means hit the 12th fret then bend it upwards (^) till it makes the sound the 14th fret would make.
So bend the G note till it makes an A then come back down and carry on.
If you catch my drift?

And as far as learning solo's go.... I play a lot of pop punk/alternative stuff so I struggle with bitchin' solos.
The best advice I can give is basically just do it bit by bit, or jam with a friend.
Basically what the above user said. Its good advice.
Stop stealing my signature ideas.
Im in the same boat myself.

Yeah, the (14) is a bend. Roll your index finger through the barre on the 10th.

Down down, Up up, down down up up is gonna be the best picking method. I think with a downstroke on the high e you cant make it back to the b string as easily.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by AlterEdge
Yes well you are correct about the bend part of 14. Use your Ring finger to bend the 12 on the g string and then use your index finger to get the 10's. For the pull off use your pinky to get the 13. Thats the best positioning you can have I believe. Anyways, practice makes perfect.

Yeah that's the positioning I've been using and after doing it just now, the problem seems to be my pinky hitting my ring finger (Leaving ring finger above / on string; if I don't it's not really fast enough (at the speed it's supposed to be)).
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
try practicing the pull offs, but not exactly the way it is in the solo...
like try pulling off from the 13 to 10 and then bending the 12, or play the 10 on the high e string and go to the pull off

edit: i know thats how it is in the solo but dont try to whole solo together
Yep, it's getting a TON better. Thank you everyone
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects: