I really don't want to spend $130 for a delay pedal unless it's just going to blow my mind. Is the $99 digitech just about as good or should I go for Boss?
The Digitech is a very nice pedal. It is worth saving up for the Boss, but if you feel pressured and don't want to do it, then don't. I have found very few people who aren't happy with the higher-end Digitech delay stomp boxes... including myself. I sold it though. Didn't use it enough.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

No. That pedal really is garbage.

Honestly, it depends on what you need. Both offer more delay time than anyone would ever need, and both do it well. The Digitech Hardwire DL-8 does have a 20 second looper and is true bypass though. I like it better than any of the boss delays.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^Do you ever get tired of recommending that and the TC Nova?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by nightraven
hahaha

it's turning into a routine flushing out the crappy pedals from UG

it'll be a wonderful day when pedalboards here turn into more than a stash of dunlop, digitech and boss pedals

besides, it's all about the Nova Repeater now

It's a stash of Boss and Digitech because not many people have the money to spend $200 on a delay/looper
Quote by nightraven

it'll be a wonderful day when pedalboards here turn into more than a stash of dunlop, digitech and boss pedals

I have 2 Digitechs and a Dunlop [mxr="Dunlop?"].

TS, the Hardwire is considerably better than the Digidelay...but that's not to say the DigiDelay isn't good.

It's a nice little pedal...first delay pedal i ever tried.

The one time i tried a Boss Delay, i nearly flung it thru the nearest windowpane.
But don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Also look into the Echo Park...you can get one for a reasonable price on ebay or in gear ads. In fact, you might even get the Hardwire for cheap used.

If you have the money, listen to nightraven.
Quote by nightraven
hahaha

it's turning into a routine flushing out the crappy pedals from UG

besides, it's all about the Nova Repeater now

Haha no kidding. I'm currently flushing out my digitech/delta lab pedals (ugh. Wish I had money when I was in the market so I didn't buy those pedals) and replacing them with an RMC4 wah, 80s Small Clone, and a Nova Repeater. Oh, and a new amp
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Especially when you consider how outside the US 2 Boss or Digitech pedals can cost you $160-240 range.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Especially when you consider how outside the US 2 Boss or Digitech pedals can cost you $160-240 range.

And outside Britain, an Orange amp's costs are out the ass. $1400 for a rocker 30, $1999 for a RV50, $2100 for a RV100, and so on.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Look used, you'll find a Boss for under $100

if you do go Digitech, than go with the Hardwire, Digitech's best pedal line.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by nightraven

YES! RMC4! i have colossal GAS for one of them the last few days. you also seen the budda wah? also quite a vintage picture wah-esque vibe to it.
it's a bit annoying when people complain about price to some extent. loads of the stuff that's quite costy but currently in production can be hunted down, usually at half the price in places like craigslist. i mean - even the fabled 80s small clone! they go for ~$500 on ebay but occasionally some mindless person pops the little mini chorus up on craigslist for the price of the new one. i've seen one go for $80 and one very recently for only $150.

I haven't checked out the Budda wah yet. Isn't it called the Budwah or something? lol. The RMC wah's have been my favorite by far. A local store has one but it's the owner's personal pedal. He let me play around with it though, it's godly. Yeah I'm gonna pay so much for that Small Clone lol . I'm hoping I get lucky and find a good CL ad.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss