Hi, I'm now searching for a new 7th strings guitar and I really want the steve Vai universe signature guitar. I want to know if the guitar are similar depending of the year that they've been made because the new ones are fking overpriced :p.
Look into these:
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1527
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1527M
They're the same quality as the Universe but they're about half the price. But I hear that they don't come with good pickups. The only differences are the lack of a middle pickup and minor neck shape differences and inlays. Put some Blazes in one of those and it will sound pretty much exactly the same.
Yeah I tried this guitar, the pickups sucked yeah but it's surely not the same quality, UV is made of american basswood and i think the quality control is higher, I don't find the guitar beautiful.

Mmmm, I want the new neck joints... do you know in when they replaced the old ones?
Last edited by DarK666SiM at Jul 2, 2009,
the rg1527m is ****ing orgasmic.

i may have to get that now..
thanks alot, asshole

are you considering other companies? i know carvin makes a good bit of seven strings as far as i know, and schecter makes an omen 7 for like $400 (i have the omen 6, for the money, it's great)

have fun in the world of pissing off bassists!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148

thanks alot, asshole

I know how you feel. It almost made me make the jump to 7 strings. I'm gonna stick to 6 though.
Yea im considering other companies but I have to try the guitar first before checking the price. Guitar shop in my area don't have all the brands but i'll check that soon.
Quote by conor1148

thanks alot, asshole

are you considering other companies? i know carvin makes a good bit of seven strings as far as i know, and schecter makes an omen 7 for like $400 (i have the omen 6, for the money, it's great)

have fun in the world of pissing off bassists!

pfft, I convinced my bassist to buy a 5-string bass. Eliminated the problem - he has a 6 now too.
Quote by Mazzakazza
pfft, I convinced my bassist to buy a 5-string bass. Eliminated the problem - he has a 6 now too.

only 6? 7s are waaaaaay more fun.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
The universe is an amazing guitar, and if you get one I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it.

I would highly recommend buying from Rich Harris at ibanezrules.com for all high end ibanez guitars and parts. His work is legendary, and he really knows his ibanez guitars.

Here is the used section he has available for Universes:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm#UV

and New:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/uv777bk.htm
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Why do you prefer the jem to the Universe?

Personally I like the frets more on the universes but that's me.
Quote by DarK666SiM
Why do you prefer the jem to the Universe?

Personally I like the frets more on the universes but that's me.

exactly, to me it just felt like it`s the better guitar (sonically and physically) everything in music is based around personal preference.

the neck just feels so natural like it is a extension of me rather than a piece of wood in my hand. i liked the sound of the evolutions (i can get crystal clear notes, harmonics etc) the blaze II just seemed a little harsher on the universe i played.

i`m not a big fan of 7 strings but have nothing against them.

The Jem looks sexier than missus ibanezgod (don`t tell her i said that though)
looks are secondary consideration when buying btw

i still play the others listed in my sig btw its just the Jem is my goto guitar everytime
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 5, 2009,
Actually all the Jem i've played were horribly set up so I can't really judge but I agree with you, it's the sexiest guitar ever, i'd buy one if I didn't already have my U.S.A. jackson soloist (awesome) :p

NE way thanks for helping, the UV seems like a good choice!