I'm curious about why people don't use them. There's more string vibration in the neck so you'll get more output. It also sounds fuller.
Exactly, there's more string vibration at the neck therefore you don't need as much output from the pickup, it's naturally louder than at the bridge therefore the pickup doesn't need to be as powerful to give you the same output level.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
But if you're looking for notes to punch through, a nice active pickup in the neck positions would be insanely nice.
But why stop at the level that the bridge has? A lot of people have neck pickups that are much lower output than their hot bridge pickups and the guitar's volume isn't balanced anyway. What's wrong with going the other way around? I have an Epi G-400 with 2 Dirty Fingers in it that only gets used for metal (doesn't even have a high E string) and I never use the bridge pup. The neck pup produces some of the most aggressive tones I've ever heard and the bridge sounds weak compared to it.
high output does not make it sound fuller, it makes it sound muddier and cuts out more high end.

I currently have a neck pickup at 8.5k in my neck and 8.1k in my bridge. I just don't like high output pickups in the neck because they get muddy.
those commandments are kind of tongue in cheek. if you know what you're doing and don't like low output neck pickups, then by all means go for a high output in the neck. But the point of those commandments is to give rough rules of thumb, and most people prefer lower output pickups in the neck position.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?