So yesterday my band and I were going to record and I went to turn my amp on and nothing happened.... None of the LEDs went on and the tubes didn't start to warm up/light up. I took the fuse out to see if it was blown and it seems like the part of the fuse that is normally clear has a greenish covering over it. Is there another way I can check if the fuse is blown?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Just be sure to get the right type of fuse. Slow-blow or Fast-blow. On another forum in the past few weeks I've answered questions about fuses continuing to blow and it turned out that they were buying fast-blow fuses when they needed slow-blo. So avoid this hassle and get it right the first time.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Quote by MeanwiththeDean
Just be sure to get the right type of fuse. Slow-blow or Fast-blow. On another forum in the past few weeks I've answered questions about fuses continuing to blow and it turned out that they were buying fast-blow fuses when they needed slow-blo. So avoid this hassle and get it right the first time.

Yup, it should say on the back of the amp, where the fuse goes.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yeah theres another way to test fuses you should be able to find a fuse tester and a hardware store
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by Vandals572
So yesterday my band and I were going to record and I went to turn my amp on and nothing happened.... None of the LEDs went on and the tubes didn't start to warm up/light up. I took the fuse out to see if it was blown and it seems like the part of the fuse that is normally clear has a greenish covering over it. Is there another way I can check if the fuse is blown?
Ohms function on a multimeter.

They're dirt cheap. (like $5 at discount tool stores) You really should have one. Very handy.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm pretty sure my dad has a multimeter so I'll check with that.

And my amp was plugged in...

Also all it says on the back of the amp next to the fuse is 5A so does that mean I need a 5 ampere fuse?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Vandals572 at Jul 2, 2009,
yes, that's what it means. you need to find out what type it is though. The fuse should have some sort of marking on it or maybe the amp. it should say something like 5ASB or 5AFB or something similar which will tell you fast blo or slo blo
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame