^topic^

anything with a button on it.
i want to know what i should maybe be investing into. thanks.
my gear:
sansamp liverpool
sansamp gt2
fender standard strat
squire vintage modified precision bass
laguna sunburst bass
acoustic b100
ehx bass big muff pi
Boss Metal Zone. Then my Jimi Hendrix signature Wah.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
delay is key, so mine is also the Boss DD3

edit: it can also make your guitar sound like a sitar

edit2: just realized i was in the bass forum don't listen to me
Last edited by Les Paul57 at Jul 2, 2009,
I don't use many effects, so I guess my Crybaby 95Q (The switchless one) as that's the effect I've used most on record. I suppose the MXR Phase-90 too, though I rarely use it to be honest.

Edit: Thanks to user above's edit, I too have just realised this is in the Bass Guitar forum Apologies for my useless post.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Tabassco
Boss Metal Zone. Then my Jimi Hendrix signature Wah.

Wrong Forum?

And for me, my most important effect is my distortion.
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
Fuzz, Wrote up my set-list today with the band (drummer) and realised, only two songs, I don't have it on.

I have a Delay on in one, and a Chorus in the other...

Wow, so many effect, I'm gonna write a song with Clean Bass.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
lol guitards up there..

Delay for sure! As for which, I'm kind of distraught. The Boss is what I use for an actual clean delay, I love it. Line6 is what I use for atmospheric things and background noise. I want to get another one...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by ZaccB

MADNESS!!IT'LL NEVER WORK!!!

Ahem, my most important pedal up on stage is my tuner, even though it's horrible, it does still work, and lets face it, being in tune is far more important than upmteen bells and whistles added to your tone, saying that Im a pedal fiend, and most of you guys know of my deadly fuzz addiction, which leads me on to my most important effect pedal which is my trusted MXR Blowtorch, it's gated, synthy but punchy fuzz really is purpsoe built for being in the mix but sticking out, it's the conrnerstone of my live sound these days. Good thread btw
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Distortion then probably wah or flange.

Also, whenever anyone makes a thread, can you give some indication that it is in the bass forum? I hate it when guitards post on here. they are the cancer that is killing our /b/(ass guitar forum)
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
reverb. and yes. im in the right forum. i love my reverb cause it adds to when your playing bass by yourself. but next to that its chorus.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Can't go wrong with a bit of Wah or Distortion, although I use a compressor almost all songs I play.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
well, for me. Depends what mood I'm in. I have the Boss ME-50B pedalboard. I find my most used combination to play with is an overdrive+chorus, I don't lknow what it is, but it gives it this great sound.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by ZaccB
Fuzz, Wrote up my set-list today with the band (drummer) and realised, only two songs, I don't have it on.

I have a Delay on in one, and a Chorus in the other...

nobody does that dude. you're nutso.

I regularly borrow fuzzes. fun.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Sansamp vt bass aka tubey overdrive
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
distortion/delay... that is all
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Tuner

Seriously, my bass could barely be 5 cents off and I start to get irritated. I guess thats what I get for playing upright and expected perfect intonation. Its truly a blessing and a curse
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Jul 2, 2009,
some cheap ibanez guitar fuzz pedal i picked up at music go round. i use it for when i have my solos. gets a orion solo sound to it and i picked it up for $25.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Boss ODB-3. Without a doubt.

Second in line is my Morely Bass Dual Wah

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Korg ToneWorks Multi FX pedal. compressor is great.
STRAIGHT EDGE

I have chosen this path...

not to fit a mold,

not to join a trend,

not to follow a crowd,

but because it is right for me

XXX
for clean parts: Digitech Chorus and some delay to add atmosphere, also my bf3 works
for solos: Boss ODB-3 and sometimes I add some delay to boost a little bit
for basslines: sansamp bass driver DI to add some grit
for psychedelic sounds: chorus + flanger + digitech synth wah + delay + a electric or an electric toothbrush
Last edited by thegiaco2112 at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by skippy_moogoose
MADNESS!!IT'LL NEVER WORK!!!

Ahem, my most important pedal up on stage is my tuner, even though it's horrible, it does still work, and lets face it, being in tune is far more important than upmteen bells and whistles added to your tone, saying that Im a pedal fiend, and most of you guys know of my deadly fuzz addiction, which leads me on to my most important effect pedal which is my trusted MXR Blowtorch, it's gated, synthy but punchy fuzz really is purpsoe built for being in the mix but sticking out, it's the conrnerstone of my live sound these days. Good thread btw

I like being a tiny bit out of tune, it makes things sound more real
(think of how some pianos are tuned)

I know it isn't the same thing because my scale isn't the same, but I still like a bit of flavor in my notes, a tiny bit of dissonance is my friend.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Danelectro Transparent OD and my milkshake chorus. I loved the echo delay pedal i had, but sadly it's toastified now.
Gear
Esp C-10 4-string
Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5-string
Fender Telecoustic
Ampeg B115
Marshall Jackhammer dist/overdrive
Electro Harmonix Big muff Fuzz
Danelectro milkshake Chorus
Seiko SAT500 Chromatic Tuner
Elixer Cables