I've just recently started getting into some heavier music and was wondering If I would need to adjust my truss rod to tune to Drop C. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to tuning anything lower than D so any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
nah not really
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
more then likely not you won't need to adjust your truss rod. but just go to drop c and then re-check just to make sure.
Thanks for the help guys. Wasn't totally sure if there would be enough tension on the neck, but I'll give it a shot.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
If you go Drop C and afterwards play heavier strings only minor adjustments (if you plan on keeping it tuned this way)
Ibanez.
I keep five of my guitars in drop C for my band and all five of them needed a truss rod adjustment from regular tuning (all different kinds - LP Standard, American Strat, two Ibanez's, one Gibson acoustic). Better to check than possibly screw it up and/or have bad action.
Doesn't hurt to check.

And you may need to raise the guage of your strings if you plan to stay in the tuning.
Oh, and may I recommend using Drop D flat.. its actually quite literally C#, which is close, and still heavy toned.
oh boy....
i brought my guitar to c from standard...and then to B
but everything is fine for me
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread