Probably 16 at both. But really, what makes you think they would hire you over someone that's 40 and has much more experience? It can't hurt to try though.

Also, Best Buy.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Oh boy! Retail!

Choosing the lesser of two evils, I'd say go with Best Buy.
15 and Staples ...
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
I'm willing to bet neither are even hiring. And I am also going to guess you need to be 18 at one if not both places.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
I went to Best Buy earlier to buy a copy of Octahedron. And the girl who checked me out was being kind of bitchy, so I asked her if she was in a bad mood. She said, no not at all. So I said, "Then please don't slam my cd on the counter or yank things out of my hand."

Don't be like that bitch, TS.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by -Led_Zeppelin-
I have A+ Certification. Should I apply to both and see who hires?

Best Buy>Staples>No job.

In other words, apply to both. And make a resume.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
best buy. if you have moderate technical knowledge they will hire you
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
I have the little exam certificate for 601 and 602.

And I have 3 years experience in the field of IT Technician.
Quote by Shortbuschld
I'm willing to bet neither are even hiring. And I am also going to guess you need to be 18 at one if not both places.

It's 16 at Best Buy for sure. I applied there a year ago, but didn't get the job. I dunno about Staples, but you're probably right about neither of them hiring. I had to get on my knees and beg for employment at Sam's Club.
Sail upon the open skies
At that age you have to take whatever your given. Apply for both. Take the one that hires you. 'K?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I went to Best Buy earlier to buy a copy of Octahedron. And the girl who checked me out was being kind of bitchy, so I asked her if she was in a bad mood. She said, no not at all. So I said, "Then please don't slam my cd on the counter or yank things out of my hand."

Hahaha, you tell her! I hate when I'm shopping and the person at the register is a complete asshole, can their job really be all that bad?
Quote by aetherspear
Two words: Man the **** up.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

How is Octahedron? I'm gonna go pick up my copy soon.
Quote by The_Paranoia
How is Octahedron? I'm gonna go pick up my copy soon.

Far better than I thought it was going to be. I didn't like it at first cause I was listening to it on my laptop, but after listening to it in the car, it's much better than I had hoped it would be.

Also, I can understand when people have a bad day at work and aren't very friendly. But don't be outright hostile.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
best buy. i heard u get like 40 percent off everything for working their. and plus some best buys r startin to carry guitars and musical stuff
I've never worked at best buy, and ive worked at staples for 2 years over the summers. whatever u do, dont work at staples. Youll work with the biggest losers ever and theres no commission.

Quote by TheRedScare
Hahaha, you tell her! I hate when I'm shopping and the person at the register is a complete asshole, can their job really be all that bad?

yes.
Last edited by Steelballa at Jul 2, 2009,
As someone who works at Staples, I can tell you that they will higher 16 year olds (older people don't like to close the store as much)

Also, Best Buy is much more centered around selling attachments and service plans and whatnot. If you work there you need to be prepared to tell people they need crap that they don't really need. Selling is forced much less at staples because there's the entire office supply section to make up for it. You would be surprised at how many people come into Staples complaining that the Best Buy salesmen were being dicks or didn't know anything

Edit: And there is commission at Staples, but only for the Easy Tech guys.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
As someone who works at Staples, I can tell you that they will higher 16 year olds (older people don't like to close the store as much)

Also, Best Buy is much more centered around selling attachments and service plans and whatnot. If you work there you need to be prepared to tell people they need crap that they don't really need. Selling is forced much less at staples because there's the entire office supply section to make up for it. You would be surprised at how many people come into Staples complaining that the Best Buy salesmen were being dicks or didn't know anything

Edit: And there is commission at Staples, but only for the Easy Tech guys.

What's easy tech?