soo... i had a budget jump from 700-1200$ I'm novv looking to spend 700$ on a guitar amp, I'm looking for something that'll give me a nice classic rock sounding OD, and then have a lead channel for black sabbath tone, I'm liking alot hovv fenders sound overdriven, Its ok if it needs a boost for sabbath. I'm also looking for a bass amp, in the 300-400$ range need it to be VERY versatile. I knovv its not the bass forum, but I'm not making a vvhole thread out of it, so i figured vvhy not.

I don't buy nevv
You need need a Marshall of some sort sir.

Do you mind having only one channel or do you want 2 channels?

I have a JCM8002210 and have an Ibanez TS7 and a Metal Muff in front of it. I wanna get the TS7 replaced with a TS9/808. But if you run something similar to that (standard OD and then a metal pedal) you can get almost any tone out of a Marshall.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I'm fine vvith only one channel, i prefer tvvo though. I can probably cut into my bass amp budget as vvell, since I'm pretty much decided on a fevv amps that are all like 300 or less used

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, this is gonna be used at home and gigs, but I can let it get pretty loud at home
Last edited by kurtebirdi at Jul 2, 2009,
get a vox. they have great classic rock tone. personally i think marshall's are overrated.

i have a vox ac50cp2 and i love it. i play a lot of zeppelin and early clapton and it works perfectly and its in your price range. you also get those great clean tones as well
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
Quote by kurtebirdi
I'm fine vvith only one channel, i prefer tvvo though. I can probably cut into my bass amp budget as vvell, since I'm pretty much decided on a fevv amps that are all like 300 or less used

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, this is gonna be used at home and gigs, but I can let it get pretty loud at home

Then I'd recommend a JCM-800 2205. Get yourself a proper OD and if you think you need it, a real heavy distortion pedal.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

+1 for the Vox, Vox's have great cleans and real good overdrive, just listen to some Queen songs, Brian May uses a Vox AC30 and has an awesome tone. (note that he did some modding and has a specific pedal that gives him a treble boost)

But if you want that raunchy and biting OD, a JCM800 won't let you down...
Last edited by stykerwolf at Jul 2, 2009,
Well, time to troll craigslist some more, I found a JCM800 super lead, what about that?
could always get a laney tony iommi model
but a jcm would probs be better
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.