I am always checking through here and never see any love for my man Mark so i thought i would get your guys thoughts on him and the screaming trees or anything else he has done

Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Man, he was great in Mudhoney.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, he was great in Mudhoney.

He wasn't in Mudhoney
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
He wasn't in Mudhoney

My man Mark was in Mudhoney. And in Black Sheep. Pretty good in Devo, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jul 2, 2009,
now your just naming off different marks
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
now your just naming off different marks

Oh.. I thought this was the Mark fan club thread.

Fine.. Big fan of Screaming Trees and his Whiskey for the Holy Ghost album.
Quote by vintage x metal

ive only heard one screaming trees song
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Like him in screaming trees, like him in mad season, like him solo.

His solo stuff is so cool because it just builds these really cool atmospheres over relatively simple guitar parts.

^good stuff
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
His work with QOTSA is awesome. I could never really get into his solo stuff however.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
The two albums he's made with Isobel Campbell (I think from Belle & Sebastian?) are pretty brilliant.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Anyone else checked out the new Soulsavers album yet?

Very good, methinks. Looking forward to seeing them!
I've seen him with Isobel Campbell and with the Soulsavers. Both were awesome. I've got pretty much every album with him on...I can't think of any I don't have at least.
Quote by frankv
*Enters thread*

Mark Lanegan is one of my favourite vocalists.

*Leaves thread*

...Mark Lanegan is an amazing vocalist. His voice is so folksy and mellow. Could you explain why you don't like him?

I'm just getting into QOTSA but have been a Screaming Trees fan for years. His solo stuff is great too. Of course his work with Mad Season is awesome, the whole band is made up of some of my favorite musicians. Sweet Oblivion is an almost perfect album. I sometimes listen to the album all the way through. Glad a thread was made just for Mark.

BTW, to the post above, Mark Arm is the vocalist for Mudhoney.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
...Mark Lanegan is an amazing vocalist. His voice is so folksy and mellow. Could you explain why you don't like him?

He said that Mark is one of his favourite vocalists?
Soulsavers new album Broken is available on itunes now! Mark does vocals on the album, along with other special guests...for fans of the Screaming Trees, Gutter Twins, Twilight Singers, etc...

enjoy

Soulsavers- itunes
I want some more Trees, should I get Clairvoyance or Buzz Factory? I love Clairvoyance for that Doorsy sound, but what I've heard off of both is excellent