Hey guys!

There's a possibility of me obtaining a Fender Strat with an SSS configuration, and I was wondering which pickups in all three positions would be best overall for metal to blues, etc. etc.. I believe the original pickups would be Tex-Mex, but I'm thinking of switching them out if they happen to be too limited in versatility.

I'm also thinking of getting a Vox AD100VT-XL, what do you guys think?
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Budget doesn't really matter, but obviously something good and inexpensive would be great (or there's always ebay, etc.). Seymour Duncan website recommends a Hot Rail for the bridge, a Vintage Rail Neck for the Middle, and a Cool Rail at the Neck... they're $75 each tho (!!!). I think I could get them significantly cheaper on ebay, tho... I'll look into those Fralins, too.
Blackstar HT-5
lace sensor blues silver reds. or the holy grails. they are silent so you do not get that annoying hum and the reds in the bridge give you killer metal tone, while the blue in the neck gives you a nice punchy jazzy/blues tone.

lace sensor = gods gift to the world
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
Well do you want a traditional single coil sound or humbuckers like the rails systems
The Lace sensors sound pretty good (at least on the soundclips/youtube vids I've found)! I'm looking for pickups with which I can get a variety of tones, but retain that traditional vintage strat tone; I like versatility.

I dislike the hum from single coils, but I like how they sound.. and I think stacked/humbucking strat pickups remove the hum while keeping the strat sound, no?

I fitted my Ibanez GRX20 with split-coiled pickups equivalent to Dimarzio X2N and Super 3... at least in specs. They cost me about $25 both and are waaay better than the stock pickups, although not as great as the real deal. I don't mind crappy pickups on this guitar because it's a budget guitar, but I'm willing to spend a good amount for really good pickups to replace the stock ones on the Fender Strat I might be getting (it's a gift).
Blackstar HT-5
I think I'll go for the red-silver-blue if I need to. Thanks!
Blackstar HT-5
lindy fralin vintage hots are pretty good. I tried them with maple and my first impression was "thats a good strat" I did not think they were too far into any one style at all. they have a little more twangy blues feel than say a modern high output SSS setup. but after you add distortion the difference is not really noticeable.

if your worried about hum and noise then go with fender sumerian cobalt noiseless. best all around pickup really. and I also like my 1995 MIA strat pickups too. strats are so versatile and I think most strat pickups sound a lot alike with the exception of rails or actives. changing pickups to something average is not something that your going to regret.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.