Starts out slow and calm, goes into some basic verses and choruses. Sounds similar to Insomnium's Dying Chant.

The jewel here is the piano interlude and the subsequent guitar riffs, so that's what I'm really looking for comments on. When I submitted the tab for this, people really seemed to like that bit, and they really loved the transition.

C4C and thanks in advance. i do NOT listen to myspace recordings. sorry.

EDIT: Yeah, it's in my profile.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Jul 2, 2009,
Where the heck?

EDIT: Oh. The opening is pretty awesome, but the transition is a little rough. I'd work on smoothing that out. Also, if you played the first 33 seconds then the rest of it seperately, I wouldn't be able to tell they are the same song. With an opening that awesome, you should find a way to bring elements of it into the rest of the song.

Good stuff!
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Last edited by Seither2k at Jul 2, 2009,
The song is there, many parts just seemed off time or felt sluggish compared to the drums. Especially at around :33, the delay seemed to be off with the tempo. Also, it seemed very disconnected from the drums. Then again, later when the riff was used again, the solo seemed very off time with it.

The intro was very good though, you might want to try to incorporate some of it into the song, and it lacked some continuity.

As said before, it appears that a nice song lies in there, it just needs some cleaning up.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by jetfuel495
Starts out slow and calm, goes into some basic verses and choruses. Sounds similar to Insomnium's Dying Chant.

The jewel here is the piano interlude and the subsequent guitar riffs, so that's what I'm really looking for comments on. When I submitted the tab for this, people really seemed to like that bit, and they really loved the transition.

C4C and thanks in advance. i do NOT listen to myspace recordings. sorry.

EDIT: Yeah, it's in my profile.

pretty decent, some of the drum patterns were very straight, almost felt like i was watching an 80s action or something maybe add a gallop style beat like in the funeral for a friend song streetcar. Some of your timings might have been off but overall interesting compostion. Maybe get some female operatic vocals on it.

c4c?
Cool song. Really liked the piano intro. The following guitar riffs were good too. The drums were ok, the kit didn't sound that great though. Some vocals would help. Or if you want it to be an instrumental, put some guitar leads in there. The piano interlude was cool. Good job overall, just work at it and it will be a really cool song.

Crit mine please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150286
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!