ok so I played 10 yes 10 strats today. its hard to find something in the specs I want but the good news is I found a MIA standard strat in lake placid blue, rosewood, and dimarzio air something (cant remember dammit). the point is has a great thin neck and sounds incredible. you know when you pickup a guitar and it sounds alive. clear and in your face ready to kick some ass. thats it.

I'd be tradding a schecter C-1 classic:
neck through 24 fret ebony FB real duncan pickups

for this strat. they want $800 for the strat.

my schecter was $760 new. obviously I pay the difference after they give me a poopy trade-in for it.

BTW its not even the specs I was looking for in a strat but it speaks to me and what a perfect neck profile. my schecter is FAT in comparison, both in the neck and overall weight.

am I stupid for throwing my money away in a trade in?
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Play an MIA strat at GC and see if you like the feel/sound better?
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
1. I believe the pickup you were forgetting the name of was an Air Norton?
2. Personally liking strats I'd do it, especially if it speaks to you that well and has that good a feel to you. Again since you seem to really like that stat I'd do it, but just be sure you're fine without your Schecter before you do it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by Cody_Grey102

yeah I own the schecter I'm trading it for a MIA strat at guitar center. read the post dude. I went to GC and played the strat. now I want it. not sure if your asking a question or telling me to goto GC. question mark?
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Guess it's down to personal opinion, not a strat fan myself, I like schecters for their high spec. Always found strats to be... just too plain. But I acknowledge they are great. If you say that you find the strat better to play, then thats what you want isn't it?
Last edited by Joe_Guitar10 at Jul 2, 2009,
I'm like a snob. I used to look down on bolt-on guitars. I always thought it was a cheap compromise. but how the hell is my schecter so heavy. and the frets on the schecter are super gigantic jumbo OVERdressed so they are almost flat and square-ish. schecter has good tone and sustain but its lacking that feeling you get when everything is just right.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by fullsailstudent
I'm like a snob. I used to look down on bolt-on guitars. I always thought it was a cheap compromise. but how the hell is my schecter so heavy. and the frets on the schecter are super gigantic jumbo OVERdressed so they are almost flat and square-ish. schecter has good tone and sustain but its lacking that feeling you get when everything is just right.

Exactly. They look good on paper but actually playing them and liking them is a whole other part.
I do not exactly understand your question. Are you asking if the Strat is a better guitar, or are you asking if the loss of money for a trade in is worth it?

If it is A, it is most definitely a trade up. As your title stated, you're trading a korean made instrument for an american made. It is really a no-brainer.

If it is B, you will probably get $300 to $400 for your schecter, which is quite a loss. Try craigslist or Ebay, you should be able to get $600 for it, but a trade in is convenient in that they will always give you an offer, while it could take weeks, even months for a guitar to move in other ways.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
It sounds to me like you're asking a question you already answered yourself.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102

what does that mean? is it a question? it doesn't make sense.

turns out it was the dimarzio area but thats not even the strat I liked. I went back and realized the guitar I'm actually going on about is a 1996 MIA standard strat w/ stock pickups, blue metalic paint. this thing was left in the case closet queen. cool thing is you cant get these 96 MIA pickups off the shelf so finding them is a treat.

they wanna give me $300 for my schecter! ouch. I payed $760.

selling my PS3 on ebay and probably selling the schecter privately.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
The only important part of your post was: "it speaks to me and what a perfect neck profile."

Make the trade.

Edit: Even if you have to sell privately, I'm still going to tell you that it's worth it because the strat is already yours, if you get what I mean.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Last edited by jaffawoman at Jul 3, 2009,
I put a deposit on it. I noticed the edge on the trem is really dull on one side. no worries. I really love stamped saddles so I'm throwing this on it.

if it sounds drastically different then I'll throw the american standard part back on.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
MIA Strats can be amazing, although Fender, like any brand, does have lemons. If you've played it and you like it then you won't regret buying it.
I played it through my amp today and its so different from my schecter. its not as loud first of all. I just cant get my amp to distort as much. I'm thinking I need either a distortion like the fulltone or a boost like tubescreamers. It comes with a fender case
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Personally I'd prefer to keep the Schecter, but you did good on that trade. Schecters don't have much re-sale/trade value. I see them going for $350-400 all the time. If you ever want to sell your strat, you'll get good value for it. How much did they give you on the trade?
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
$275 but its not done yet. any UG'ers want it you can have it. one small paint chip on the side.

BTW I talked to darren riley that sells that fender trem with the stamped saddles. anyway, seems like my post triggered a long line of people buying up those bridges. they are flying off the shelves. LOL, the power of the post. thats actually a custom shop trem that is rumored to be shipping on all american standards now. anyone confirm this?
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Jul 11, 2009,