Anyone ever played one? How did they sound? Did it have a lot of OD/Distortion? Just curious cause I've never played a Blackstar and it looked like a pretty good deal.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5H-and-HT110-Guitar-Mini-Half-Stack?sku=489746#new
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
good sounding amps.
cant do Modern metal w/o a boost
and too quiet for gigging(unless you mic it)

i would still go with a B-52
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
WTF, all u suggest are B-52s go a bit more versatile :P:P
u suggested a b-52 for me a few days ago, and i went with a vavleking
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
but i would also recommend a B-52 :P
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Yeah i have a boss ds-1 and a Digitech Heavy metal pedal for distortion but would still want a decent amount built in to the amp.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
the blackstar can easily do metallica type (rid the lightning distortion)..but if u want extreme stuff u will need an OD....it has verryy nice clean and its versatile...u will need to mic it for gigs tho..thts the only setback..i have one myself..nd i luv it..
Quote by McD_0
the blackstar can easily do metallica type (rid the lightning distortion)..but if u want extreme stuff u will need an OD....it has verryy nice clean and its versatile...u will need to mic it for gigs tho..thts the only setback..i have one myself..nd i luv it..

Wow thank you. Big help. I play stuff like Metallica, BLS, Ozzy, Pantera, Guns N Roses so this would probably be pretty good cause i have OD pedals.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by soloXshredder
WTF, all u suggest are B-52s go a bit more versatile :P:P
u suggested a b-52 for me a few days ago, and i went with a vavleking

well a B-52 has a better clean channel/ Lead channel and much more versatile than an Unmodded Valveking
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by McD_0

And did it come with a footswitch? If so, what all did it control?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
It definitely has enough gain for metal. A guy on the harmony central boards put up some clips with EMG's and it sounded really heavy.
Quote by boomersooner14
i've heard great things about them, i'm planning on it being my next amp

check out the owners thread

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1124190&highlight=blackstar+ht-5

Edit: footswitch is one button and switches channels

Sweet thanks ... I wouldve never seen that thread
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.