Hello!

I'm an intermediate player. The hardest song I can play is probably Canon Rock (its still a bit off but I"m getting there).

I'm looking for a guitar under 500 dollars. I currently have a Greg Bennett Torino with Duncan designed humbuckers and I'm looking for a step up from that.

Any suggestions?

Sorry If I am completly noobish. I know nothing about gear.
That Torino is a nice axe Is it the 4? Or one of the lower models?

Obviously, you play rock, but what else?

also, to please the bandwagon, what amp do you have?

From the sounds of it, it seems like you're looking for an upgrade in playability as opposed to tone?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Thanks for replying!

I really only play rock (Rock is somewhat ambiguous...I like The Hives style music. As well as Blink 182) . Occasionally I like to play Under the Bridge, Say it aint so (the intro) style music.

I've been getting into metal a little bit. Currently learning Master of Puppets.

Its the Torino tr2 by the way.

I have a Peavey Rage 258.
Last edited by Badozlon at Jul 2, 2009,
try an Ibanez RG321. Its $300, which leaves enough money for some better pickups. for pickups, i would go with Seymour Duncans.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Bump.

Would a Fender stratocaster standard (the one for 500 dollars) be a good choice or no?
Quote by Badozlon
Bump.

Would a Fender stratocaster standard (the one for 500 dollars) be a good choice or no?

which one, there are like three. the SSS, HSS, or FSR??
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Last edited by Badozlon at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by Badozlon

well the first one has three single coils. i wouldn't get the second one b/c it has some cheap duncan designed pickups. the third one has one humbucker and two single coils. other than that, the only difference is the wood and finish.

out of the three, i would go with the HSS, just b/c you get the best of both humbuckers and single coils.

but i would go with the RG321 over all of them. but thats b/c i prefer humbuckers and 24 frets. you will also have enough money for better pickups. most guitars in this price range don't have good pickups. look into Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios.

good luck.
--Einstein

--Einstein
I'd go vvith the HSS strat, but thats my personal preference, try the Ibanez and any other guitars you can afford.
just go to a guitar shop and play some guitars...thats the quickest way to know what you want.