Hi guys,I bought a jackson with a floyd rose from the pawn shop,I've never had a guitar with a tremolo bridge before What do i need to do to set it up for b tuning?
I'd probably take it to a shop to set it up if you have no idea how.. but usually you dont use a floyd if you want a low tuning like that
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Going to need to loosen the screws behind the backplate to keep the bridge parallel with the lower tuning...probably adjust the bridge height/action...and possibly a truss rod adjustment. Theres a thread on FR tuning...and some videos on youtube too.

EDIT: beaten ^
Yeah, I'd definitely recommend taking it in and having it done. But, on the other hand, we've all gotta learn sometime how to do it, so you could definitely try it yourself. The worst that will happen is, you won't be able to do it, and have to take it in anyway. That's a great tutorial, btw.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Your gonna want some thicker strings too...

And if this is your first Floyd, Some tips:

The bridge always has to parallel with the body, otherwise it won't stay in tune if you use the tremolo.

If you do this yourself, buy some thicker strings and change/tune One string at a time.

Starting with the thickest string, change it then tune to a B, then adjust the bridge until it's parallel with the body. When you adjust the bridge, the string will come untuned. Keep tuning, and adjusting until that one string stays at a B when the tremolo is used. When it is staying in tune and is parallel with the body, Do the next string. Keep repeating this with each string until the guitar is in B Standard and the tremolo is parallel with the body.

Let me know if that didn't make any sense...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
when I tune my FR I ALWAYS block it somehow, makes it LOOOTS easier. Also you might need to adjust the springs in the guitar maybe even add an extra to even out the tension from the thicker strings.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CliffIsAngry
when I tune my FR I ALWAYS block it somehow, makes it LOOOTS easier. Also you might need to adjust the springs in the guitar maybe even add an extra to even out the tension from the thicker strings.

He's going down to B standard, i don't think thicker strings are gonna matter that much...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Thanks for the help guys.Unfortunetly one of the saddles is broken and I have to order one.Now I know why it was sold to me for so cheap.But they sell replacements so it should be an easy fix. And i wanted to play it tonight too.