my and my friend (drummer) need good songs to jam to. they have to be in standard tuning, because i have a floyd and i dont wanna spend 15 minutes tuning and adjusting springs. please be intermediate difficulty ive only been playing 3 years. heres what we have so far

purple haze-hendrix
every song on wolfmothers first CD
readymade-RHCP
the trooper-iron maiden

HELP!
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Last edited by hendrix_128 at Jul 2, 2009,
can't stop by the chilis is a great tune to jam to if you can do the proper string muting. every string is muted but the one being played on the main riff but a lot of people don't do it(it sounds bad in my opinion if peoplle don't mute the other strings. the riff loses its attack).

p.s. look at the itunes original version of can't stop for ideas to make it a more jam based song if you want.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jul 2, 2009,
White Stripes is pretty good for being flexible and allowing you to go in a few different directions. Try Ball and a Biscuit or Fell In Love With A Girl.

And obviously they can easily be played by a drummer and a guitarist.
Anything really that has 3 chords and has a garage feel. Me and my drummer friend like to play REM songs alot. Begin the Begin is one of our faves
Quote by metaldud536
Cemetary Gates
Behind Blue Eyes
I kissed a Girl

If you don't headbang to Behind Blue Eyes there's just something wrong with you.
Me and my friends can honestly spend half an hour jamming on Voodoo Chile trading off solos, and a good time on Tombstone Blues by Bob Dylan

but honestly, voodoo chile is a great jamming song. or you could do it the more rocky way too and do voodoo child. either is really amazing.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by metaldud536
Cemetary Gates
Behind Blue Eyes
I kissed a Girl

lulz...that'd be great for a dude to sing..."hope my boyfriend won't mind it!"
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Oh God, if you're into blues-rock and trading off while improvising, do La Grange by ZZ Top.

SOOO much fun.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You're stopping yourself playing alot of good songs without detuning. it does take time but its worth it in the end. but if you really want a song in standard id have to say

Cats In The Cradle - Ugly Kid Joe

Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

pantera songs are quite fun to play and are quite fun to learn as the riffs are pretty solid.
Originally Posted by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

Quote by Deaths Icecream
You're stopping yourself playing alot of good songs without detuning. it does take time but its worth it in the end. but if you really want a song in standard id have to say

Cats In The Cradle - Ugly Kid Joe

Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

pantera songs are quite fun to play and are quite fun to learn as the riffs are pretty solid.

i do de tune, its just im trying to learn a lot of standard songs
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.