Ok, I have a job Interview at Futureshop tomorrow, now they have asked for references. This is my first interview ever. What are references? I've done alot of community service, can I use them as references?
Absolutely, that's a great reference. (unless it was like court-ordered or something)
Yes. A reference is anyone who can say good things about you. If they say bad things about then they are assholes. I like to reference Prof. Oak, Ph.D in Fictional Zoology.
A reference is effectively having a previous employer vouch for you that you're a good worker etc. Someone the employer can contact to find out a little about how you work.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. A reference is anyone who can say good things about you. If they say bad things about then they are assholes. I like to reference Prof. Oak, Ph.D in Fictional Zoology.

i'm going to go find my gameboy
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
Quote by metaldud536

God damn Metaldud....

Yes, community service references are always good to have.
Quote by metaldud536

I haven't seen metaldud make a pokemon joke in while. Mabye it's just because i haven't been in the Pit as much recently.
It's kind of discouraging to know that somebody who doesn't know what a reference is (even if you guessed it right) can get an interview, and I'm stuck on my arse refreshing Craigslist postings.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
It's kind of discouraging to know that somebody who doesn't know what a reference is (even if you guessed it right) can get an interview, and I'm stuck on my arse refreshing Craigslist postings.

You have to look on foot....well that's what my parents keep throwing at my face. But I had an interview yesterday, now I sit and wait.
Quote by metaldud536
You have to look on foot....well that's what my parents keep throwing at my face. But I had an interview yesterday, now I sit and wait.

Oh, I've done plenty of looking on foot. It's kind of pointless at this time of year, though, because going out on foot even for a few minutes will have anyone looking like a disgusting sweaty git who nobody would want to hire.
But w/e, it's got to be done.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon

I've made about $9000 off of craigslist postings.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
OK so what do I do, Get that persons name and business information, put it on a piece of paper and bring it with me to the interview
Quote by drummer16
OK so what do I do, Get that persons name and business information, put it on a piece of paper and bring it with me to the interview

Make sure to ask for that persons permission to use them as a reference first.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by irongoat666
Make sure to ask for that persons permission to use them as a reference first.

Yep, def.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)