i was wondering if marshall amp stacks like the jcm are too expensive cos they cost like 2000$ up, and i know its a tube half stack and damn amazing, i still think its a bit too much to pay for an amp.
i know that peavey does half stacks that go for 1000$
so is it that marshall is that good, or is it just because its Marshall they have to overprice it?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
New Marshalls are fairly overpriced. The real secret to getting a good Marshall is buying used, 99% of the time (1% of cases reserved for the times the model doesn't have a vintage counterpart, like the 6100 or DSL 50).

I bought my original 800 head for less than $700 USD.

Also, never buy their new cabs IMO.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Those are not "damn amazing". It's because Marshall is an established name and they have to import them to the US.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
New Marshalls are fairly overpriced. The real secret to getting a good Marshall is buying used, 99% of the time (1% of cases reserved for the times the model doesn't have a vintage counterpart, like the 6100 or DSL 50).

I bought my original 800 head for less than $700 USD.

Also, never buy their new cabs IMO.

This. You can get an original of any reissue except the Plexis for less than half the price. And you can get boutique clones of the Plexis for less and the real deal for not much more. The original JCMs sound way better than the reissues.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 2, 2009,
If you're looking for Marshall tone and think they're overpriced (in which case you're right), I would go either used or with a clone. Check out http://www.ceriatone.com/

They sell clones of older Marshall amps that sound amazing and go for much, much less than the originals.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
in the us marshalls are imported which adds a bunch to the price. They have a good sound, and with a big budget i would probably get interested but for now it's not worth it. if i had a budget that big i'd probably go boutique anyway, grab me a badcat or something
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
if you want the Marshall sound for cheaper, check out the Randall MTS series. you can get an RM50 combo, new, for about $1000, or used for about $500. then the modules are $200 a pieces. they have three Marshall modules: Plexi, JTM, and SL+. its nothing digital. each modules is based off of the circuitry of a certain amp.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Marshall's are expensive new, but if you buy used then its not overpriced.
and most GOOD Marshall Amps are only found used cuz they are discontinued and the new ones suck most of the time.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me