Okay, whenever I plug my LTD B-206SM into an amp, it starts out at the right volume level as its suppose to be and then after 30 seconds it gets extremely quiet and never goes back up. Its also been distorting every note I play on it. Anyone know what I can do to fix it? Thanks.
www.myspace.com/thepressmen
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
This is the pit. People will fight to the death about their favorite colour.
Quote by BFAbassist306
Okay, whenever I plug my LTD B-206SM into an amp, it starts out at the right volume level as its suppose to be and then after 30 seconds it gets extremely quiet and never goes back up. Its also been distorting every note I play on it. Anyone know what I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Does it have a battery?

Edit: Yeh, sounds like a dead battery.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Yeah, it does have a battery. Ugh, how much does it cost to replace a battery? Edit: Will this also fix my bass distorting all the time?
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
Last edited by BFAbassist306 at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by BFAbassist306
Yeah, it does have a battery. Ugh, how much does it cost to replace a battery? Edit: Will this also fix my bass distorting all the time?

Yes. When a bass's battery dies, it starts distorting more and more and more and then finally making no volume, and also does what you described with starting normal then getting quiet. And basses use 9v batteries; you can buy them at anywhere that would sell AA or AAA batteries and they're fairly common. Get used to it, you'll have to do it at least a few more times.
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Alright thanks man. Its just that this never happend to me in 6 years of playing bass.

Quote by isildurs_bane
Well, I've been using mostly Fenders up until last year.

Quote by isildurs_bane
Well, I've been using mostly Fenders up until last year. EDIT: sorry about the double post, phones internet isn't to great

Quote by isildurs_bane
Last edited by BFAbassist306 at Jul 2, 2009,
oh, I thought you meant a single battery lasted you for 6 years haha
one year is less amazing but still good
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Haha that would pretty boss. I just didn't know the batteries in active basses die that quickly.

Quote by isildurs_bane
Quote by BFAbassist306
Haha that would pretty boss. I just didn't know the batteries in active basses die that quickly.

They go faster if you leave your bass plugged in all the time, but a year is pretty good.
I change mine every few months, just to be safe. My friend changes his monthly religiously, But he drives a Porsche, so he can afford that...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...